What's Your (Other) Hobby?

Correction this is the bloody good stump grinder , I just drive it around :wink:

1 Like

Except when it does heart attack simulations like this! Bad Robot!

2 Likes

Oh crap!

Tell me you don’t see what I see! So, we planted mimosas on either side of tree as an entrance, the pirate ship tree platform will not rely on the tree for support, it will be on pier style salvaged utility poles, then the entrance to the whimsical Never Never Land meets Alice meets Boys Land garden. A euro pool out there, too. A dock shack and dock for the pirate ship to anchor off of. We have taken a whole bucket of rotten lemons and creating an amazing space. What was dying trees and nothing but goatheads and weeds and hot heat is becoming something of use.

Your friend sounds amazing!

1 Like

Oh, and all that crap at the bottom right of the tree between it and the garden is my brush pile I am working on using up all the pieces until I can chip it. :heart_eyes:

Wow quite the project! What’s it all for ? Like community kids play ground or family play ground? How long have you been at it? Any before work started photos ?

Our backyard. We are doing it to grow our own food but have a fun place for our two little grandsons. I need to dig up what it looked like five years ago. It was barren desert and weeds. We put in a bunch of pine trees but the leaf tip moths have destroyed them and I got tired of fighting it. I will post photos later. Hustling around getting stuff for greenhouse to get cannabis in it. Got an outdoor evaporative cooler otherwise it was a solar oven!

1 Like

Obviously, the garden is untidy now. I let the chard, asparagus, and parsely seed out for the pollinators. We have been working on getting the greenhouse built so I can get my cannabis out there.

1 Like

My german shepherd would love that big back yard. It would look like a big dog park to her.

2 Likes

It’ll be finished one day. Almost there actually. Not bad for a 60 year old, moved a 12ft rootball with that FEL.

Also slammed a 6x6 6ft deep with the post driver before I dropped it for the FEL. There it still sits, on that post.

2 Likes

Sweet! As a kid on the farm I started off on a little Massey Ferguson. I loved that little tractor. About the only thing I was never allowed to do was plant or shred but I plowed a million miles of “blanks” (row between cotton) in my day for a $1.65 and hour on our farm.

@MidwestGuy the ONLY reason we bought this place was because of our dogs. At the time we had two Australian cattle dogs that had lost their eyes due to a genetic condition and this was as safe a place as we could get. Plus, it had loads of potential but had been totally trashed. The owner went through a divorce and left her 18 year old goth kid in it and he totally tore it up. We are in a neighborhood of homes upwards of a million plus and we lowballed them at $275K and they took it! We were shocked! But it has been an assload of hard work to get it into shape and I have not even really started inside. PTSD hit me hard a couple of years ago and I can’t stand to be inside so all my work is out here. Last year we built the big covered patio and that is my oasis.

4 Likes

Nice tractor! Same Kiki I learnt how to drive on a Massey ferg. What a beautiful blank canvas and yea there work you have done is very evident, it’s going to look magic as when your done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I ride motocross since i was 8 yrs old. not like i used too. but at 57 yrs old i still can go pretty good.
good exercise and a great family activity

1 Like

I do lapidary work. Here is what I make from some stones.

7 Likes

I’d totally order a piece made with amber for the mrs if we could trade info

Nice work on your pieces of jewelry
That last one is really stunning

3 Likes

I love these. Top one is stunning. You certainly have a talent there :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

thank you Mr Wormwood

thank you davyg

That is really beautiful work.

1 Like

thanks woodrow

@Mr_Wormwood would trade infor, but do not know how to send PM