What am I doing wrong other than too much water?

what kind of pH meter did you buy?

Yes correct, but when I measured again the water it was 7 so maybe the 5 was just the water built up in the pipes.

Not yet but I will calibrate it once I get a chance tonight.

XLUX T12 2 in 1 Soil pH and Moisture Sensor Meter Tester for Outdoor & Indoor Plants… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CEAPTTK/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_OqJUybX5BZT1A

No miracle grow it has a time release to it I do not recommend I use Foxfarm ocean Forest !!! I have done grows start to finish no nutrients just ph distilled water 6.3-6.6 works great for me

2 Likes

Looks great keep it up

1 Like

Where do you buy the distilled pH water from? Is this like the one in the supermarket people buy for babies ?

Yes I get mine from Wally world but distilled water is not good for drinking I can rot your teeth out of your face but yes you can get it at any grocery store Walmart target

1 Like

You just buy the distilled water but you still have to pH it yourself the brand I use it’s right about 7.0 but you never want to just hope that they’re all the same I would highly recommend getting a pH meter you can pick them up for really cheap on Amazon Hello I think you can probably even buy them at Walmart for fishtanks because they have to have certain pH in their water as well

3 Likes

@Paranorman @bob31 should I get rid of the dieing leaves? Thanks!

Yeah they can go @KingTuT I think @Paranorman is taking a few days off.

Should I cut the branch all the way to the stem? I was thinking to crush those leaves and sprinkle them on the surface of the soil to benefit from the nitrogen in them, silly idea? I see, thanks.

Yep cut in off near the stem. Sure, I guess? Don’t know why not?

1 Like

throw the leaves away…it won’t help the plant but could provide food for bugs or a place for disease to harbor if left on the soil

1 Like

Update:
She looks good after she got a haircut. No more dead leaves. @Paranorman @Hogmaster @kabongster @bob31 @Stomper @Donaldj

6 Likes

Keep it up looks great

1 Like

Thanks. When can I start cloning?

1 Like

Perfect, thanks!

Hi guys, so I checked my soil pH again and I definitely need to lower it. It’s at 8 right now, so I searched here on ILGM and I found so many people recomeding sulphuric acid which could be found at any autozone. Do you agree? Will it kill the living organisms in the soil? I add molasses to my water, can I still do that? Thanks
@kabongster @Paranorman @bob31 @Donaldj @Stomper