Weak root system

Does anybody know or have experience with a weak root system? I just chopped a plant and it’s up to dry and when I dumped the pot the root system was very weak and undeveloped compared to other plants I’ve had. Does this indicate, low THC, terpene, or anything else? Plant grew tall, almost 6ft and smells very loud. Thanks!

1 Like

Pulled a few plants today. four foot weak plant in bag, roots only on bag (external to soil clump), no clue what it means, but plant color was not the best (hence the cull for space).

2 Likes

The plants will usually expand roots as needed if healthy. If they didn’t have to work for water would be one reason. Predators, bacteria, or enzymes could be other reasons. There is no direct correlation to size of root mass leading to changes in cannabinoids. It’s just like growing a plant in a small pot vs a large pot. Now if there was something eating away at roots that impeded their function may be a different story as it’s a completely different scenario.

3 Likes

I had a similar thought and agree with your above.
Possibly the roots were seeking the best environment for less moisture and more air. My center mass had no roots.
They all went lateral to the outsides of the bag.
Not a good growing plant, hence the cull and soil investigation.
Should have PH/PPM the soil from a slurry.

2 Likes