Watering recommendations

Heyyy yall! :wave: Hope everyone is doing well. Today the little ladies are starting their 3rd week. I keep reading about watering till run off. I’ve only been giving it enough water to stay moist for two or three days. I ordered a ppm/ec meter earlier today. And have some all purpose fert mixed up to add today, would be 1st feeding. Should I wait till the meter gets here to add the fert and feed to run off? Any and all help is very very appreciated!! Thank yall so much! :heart:
All fem autos in promix (garden) 5gals.

Yes wait. I checked out an all purpose fert lately at half strength it was around 1500ppm and pH under 6. Also had no calcium magnesium or sulfur. Better off wait

1 Like

Thank you! Thats what I was thinking but better to make sure. Thanks again, I appreciate you!

2 Likes

And when I feed, should I water till a little runs out at the bottom or a lot?

1 Like

I’m not sure yet or familiar with your soil, plant’s growth rate and all that. If it dries the pot out fast increase water amount til you get there

1 Like

Mine at 3 to 4 weeks get heavy watering. I expect the roots filled my pots so they’ll dry out in half a week. It took practice with this pot size. So with yours I could only guess what I would do, give them another week

3 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out. I think I got it…lol. And I wont be as nervous to do it when the time comes.

1 Like

I dont water to run off until the plant looks large enough to do so, 3-4 weeks old. If there arnt enough roots yet your soil wont dry out the way you want it to. Shouldn’t have to worry about nutrients until after you start to water to run off.

3 Likes

Just a lil update:

Making progress!!

3 Likes

Another update! :heart:

3 Likes

They look happy and healthy…keep doing what you are doing. Dont be alarmed if you start seeing some discolored leaves in a few weeks. It’s normal when they get closer to the end.

2 Likes

Thank you! :heart: I would have been on here posting trying to figure out whats happening. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well… 18 days later, and I was on here asking as predicted! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like