About ready to transplant from starter pot to final pot. I have a bag of FFHF dirt that’s been in the shed and was opened about 2 months ago. No other dirt or anything in the shed, tools and stuff only.
Do I risk higher possibility of bugs in the dirt than an unopened bag?
Personally I would use it, I think it’ll be fine.
I’ve used open bags before with no issues.
![]()
I use open bags all the time, too expensive to throw out.
I used a 6 month old open bag of OF without any issues.
Cool, thanx everyone. Would be a shame to have issues that could have been avoided for $25 but if I’m good… I’ll keep that $25 in my back pocket ![]()
Buy seeds with it ![]()
Ordered some free Maui Wowie seeds from diy green life so I’m good on seeds for a while (…if they are good seeds).
I’ll pick up a 12 pack of IPA’s instead ![]()
Instead of a 12 pack of IPA’s, do yourself a favor and grab some Bourbon Barrel Aged Stouts! You can thank me later.
I do enjoy a good stout in the colder months (when it’s below 50 at night in Los Angeles lol) and haven’t tried a bourbon barrel stout yet so I may go on the hunt for one. Thanx ![]()
I did end up with some holes in leaves right after it went to veg but sprayed purecrop 1 a few times and whatever it was seems to be gone.
My CLW 250 is at the ceiling (6’) and the plant is super compact. Can’t dim the light, can’t raise any more… guess this isn’t a question of what to do but do you think it will start to stretch out a bit once it’s late veg or flipped to flower?
Seedling came out of the dirt on 10/19, transplanted to 7gal on 11/6. Topped about a week ago.
Temps and humidity have been kept in check.
@Sativafan. It’ll def stretch when you switch to flower.
Most double in size and some can triple.
So no worries yet. ![]()
Plants Looking good.
![]()
![]()
I still have a ton of headroom so I guess I’ll let it go for another foot in height and flip.
Trying to gauge what kind of room I have in this 3x3, was on the fence about two 5 or 7 gallon pots for the next grow so 1st run is one in a 7.
Guess I’ll see in a couple months, can’t wait to smoke this Amherst Diesel ![]()
@Oldguy @BobbyDigital @Hellraiser
So this showed up after my first real feeding since it sprouted, haven’t seen this before and I’m pretty sure it’s not splash from watering this high up.
Started on 1 leaf Sunday and then a second on Monday, kind of bright yellow looking spots.
It’s a real pain to get a pic under the light but hopefully one of these gives you a clear shot.
Any ideas of what I got goin on? TIA
@Sativafan. Does it wipe off ?
I’m seeing some black / dark specs among a lot of tiny white specs around the blems.
And have you checked for bugs ?
@Covertgrower. Any thoughts ?
Yeah, check real good for any signs of pests, look under the affected leaves as well.
Checking for pests is a good start. Looks a little like light burn too, was the light turned up a bit?
Thanx for the replies everyone.
It didn’t seem to wipe off, I don’t see evidence of bugs but I’ll do a check this morning and spray some purecrop at lights out tonight. I don’t see it anywhere else on the plant.
I did lower the light a little but maybe like 6" from almost the top of the tent. I’m now 31" from the canopy with a CLW 250 (200w).






