Unknow seeds. But will be good to learn with

U know me bruv anything to help. Autos are amazing if u get good strains and the best thing is they dont need a 12/12 to flower you can keep thm on an 18/6 or 20/4 or 24/0 its upto you the only thing is you cant give them full strength nutes infact i would give them half of what you would do with reg or feminized seeds as thy cant handle nutes tht are to strong u use bio bizz still bro then use half the amounts tht are on the schedule and one more thing thy grow fast so if u do have a problem u need to be on top of it from day 1 bro. @Shuggz

Can any of you tell me the difference between cal-mag and magne-cal+ by plant magic. @daz49 @dbrn32 @Countryboyjvd1971 @FloridaSon @Donaldj @Shuggz @garrigan62 @latewood. Thank you all very much.

2 Likes

Their brand has an npk of 2.6-.1-.3. Calmag is a generic term and just about every line has one. Depending on which elements are used and in what concentration those npk ratios will vary a lot. That’s pretty much the difference from one bottle to the next.

2 Likes

Right cool i just thought they were two totaly different things altogether. But glad thy arent. I thought that plant magic’s magne-cal+ wasnt the same as cal-mag am sure someone said something like that in my first grow cause i told them wat nutrients and addatives i had and got told tht i still needed to get cal-mag as thy are not the same one is calcium and magnesium and although it has calcium in it the magne stood for something diffrent other than magnesium i cant even remember wat elements are all in the periodic table to even guess. It sounded reasonable in wat thy said but now you cleared it up thanks @dbrn32

2 Likes

Not sure why anyone would’ve told you that. A quick visit to their website shows 7.1% calcium oxide and 3.5% magnesium oxide. Also a few trace micronutrients.

The big thing with these calmag supplements is nitrogen content in my opinion. That nitrogen can make or break or you in different scenarios. Soil mixtures usually contain some of these elements, so a lot of times you don’t see a deficiency til around mid flowering anyway. Also about the same time a lot of us are ditching or making a serious reduction in nitrogen applied. If you see this kind of deficiency the nitrogen from calmag will be additive to whatever else you’re feeding.

Just something to be mindful of.

2 Likes

Thanks for clearing tht up. I was going to veg another wk or 2 but am not so sure if i do i will probably do it later this week is there anything you think i need to know wen doing the switch. I grew auto in my last grows so this is all new but i do have more confidence now and it does grow. Thy are all in new homes apart from one but tht been in a 5gallon plastic bucket and has been for couple weeks. I just hope i can findout what strain this is. But i must admit i do like growing autos since thy grow alot faster and are ready sooner if i pick the right strains cause there are some that take longer thn some photo’s.

1 Like

Nothing that comes to mind. Monitor the distance from tops to light as she will likely stretch some. And assuming your mute schedule has a transition dosage, I would follow that.

1 Like

@dbrn32g

Thank you for that excellent explanation . Perfect !!
It’s really awesome reading what other members post helping other member. What you just did here is part of what makes this forum ILGM what it is today…

Will

3 Likes

Thank you sir! I agree 100%, I probably wouldn’t have been able to give that information prior to joining here, so always willing to pay it forward if I can.

2 Likes

@dbrn32

I remember when someone told me when I did something right and how good I did I remember how good that made me feel. But when they didn’t I know how that made me feel sucks big time.
And the same applys here.

3 Likes

Thank you for that @garrigan62 and @dbrn32 . I decided to switch to 12/12 today as if i veg to long i wont have the head room for them streching along my lights i need to be mindful of wat space i have to use so i hope these arent a tall strain as much as i would like to have a sativa and an indica growing i rather have a large wide plant rather than a tall skinny one so switching them now is my best option. Plus i need smoke so i need to get this flowering sooner rather than later. Since it can take upto 8+ weeks till thy are ready to harvest thn another couple weeks to dry and cure. I will be fast drying some not all just a small amount to tide me over till the crop is ready. But here are some pics of them today.

What the verdict. And if anyone can help me identify the strain or knows how i can please let me know thanks.

3 Likes

They look good! It’s virtually impossible to identify strain by looking at plant, sorry.

Thts ok atleast i know that and i will name them myself lol.

1 Like

There you go! My bud out in @MattyBear’s neck of the woods breed his own strain. Not sure where he’s currently at with it, but last I knew there were a few dispensaries looking at carrying it. Been a while though.

2 Likes

Question my loving grow family. Can u switch nutrients wen u have already started. For example am using biobizz line at the minute but i may or will run out of the stuff i have. But i do have AN line grow bloom and micro there can i use them or should i get more biobizz to finish this grow off with. Or can i use the other brand i have. ??? @dbrn32 @daz49 @Countryboyjvd1971 @garrigan62 @latewood @Shuggz

2 Likes

You can use the other line
Ive switched flower nutrients mid way threw a grow with no issues
I perfer to stay with same line but you can switch if you would like

2 Likes

I’ve switched mine through the grow no problems, so I think you’ll be fine

3 Likes

Thank you very much. That is what i may do unless am lucky and have just enough of the biobizz left to do me. Or worse case i order a trial pack for 20.00 gro bloom topmax and bio heaven for 20.00 totaling 40.00 but al see knowing me i will probably get more biobizz so tht i still have full bottles for my nxt grow.

1 Like

@Mikos if u are spending that kind of money on a trial pack of nutes have u seen the Remo line? It’s only 52$ on eBay and is probably the best there is. YouTube urban Remo. His line has been raved about by all the dispensary growers and cannabis cup winners. For sure will b in my grow room now that I have found it at a reasonable price. Just a thought

2 Likes

N-P-K ratio is what’s important. Not so much who makes it. Maker is personal preference.

1 Like