Unheated space in CT

First grow, just starting can’t decide between heated basement limited to 6 foot high tent or unheated space with unlimited headroom for tent. How hard is it to heat 4 by 4 tent in unseated space? Is the two additional feet worth the trouble?

2 Likes

It’s best to control the environment in the room your tent is in. Just my opinion. Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Would be pretty tough. The tent isn’t much insulation.

1 Like

I was thinking about using heater for tent looking for options thanks

To make life easiest I would go 6’ in heated basement.
I’m not a tent user but know the room environment it’s in is very important to help control Inside the tent.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s what I figured. I plan to monitor the unseated space to determine parameters through the winter.

That sounds like a smart plan buddy. Best of luck, your in great hands here👍
I’m in a unheated shop with a 6x8 room in the corner. 4"studded walls packed with pink and 2x6 ceiling with double pink and I still have some issues and I’m not near as far north as you.

I would go with hps lights for heat and unlimited room and toss the tent

1 Like

Thanks, I’m really excited to begin the grow. Got seeds, 7 gal pots with 3 headed misters for fogponic/ DWC

2 Likes

Yeah, get that 1st grow Finished an you will be more than excited you’ll be hooked. Great hobby happy growing my friend. :v:

3 Likes

Welcome 2 the community. You could set up a space heater outside the tent and vent the air in.

2 Likes

Also a CT grower here.

Happy growing

If you want to ensure that your heat stays in your tent, you can purchase 2 inch foam boards from Home Depot or Lowe’s two in case the tent with to allow for more insulating value. That should give you an r-factor of about 13 surrounding your tent. It’ll cost about $30 per 4 x 8 sheet

4 Likes