Triple G & Gorilla Glue turned into dwarfs

Hi there
First time grower…so two of my plantss, except the auto, grew into dwarf plants. I have done the research and know what I did wrong and have corrected the mistake. Is it worth keeping the plants as they are still growing this way? Will they still produce anything or should I cut my losses and move on? Many thanks for any help!

Welcome to the forum.

Pics would help us give you better guidance. What was it that you think you’ve done wrong and have corrected. Are you saying that the photos are dwarves, or the autos?

Thank you.
I was using a cheap PH reader (my husbands’) and I’m sure I gave them above the recommended level of various nutrients thinking it did’nt matter that much. But it’s the PH reader that I’m pissed off about, I just knew it was a crap one and still used it. I’ve since bought a nice one.

2 Likes

The auto is doing fine, the other two are not

What is your runoff PPM? pH is not a measure of nutrient concentration, PPM is. That said, so you know your runoff pH? Do you have pics to share? It’s difficult to provide guidance without seeing the problem.

1 Like

I can’t take pics right now, they’ve turned into dwarfs - very short stems, not good development of roots. My PH was a little off so it blocked nutrient intake. It’s now around 5.8-6. I’ve looked into it and changed the soil but what I don’t seem to be able to find is if the plants will recover and grow normally. They’re still very small, should I discard and start over?

1 Like

pH should be in the range 6.3 to 6.8 if in soil.

At 5.8 to 6.0 it would be very uncommon for a pH issue to result in a dwarf. It’s likely something else going on rather than a pH issue.

It’s difficult to provide useful advise without being able to see the plants.

Let’s get some more information via a support ticket and go from there. We may see something obvious.

I’m particularly interested in runoff pH, runoff PPM, what nutrients you are feeding, and what soil you are using.

A support ticket will help us help you. Can you please fill out a support ticket? Please include what type of water you are using (RO, distilled, tap.)

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Soil brand and type

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• Runoff pH

• Runoff PPM/TDS or EC

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system and wattage

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you. Pictures taken under natural or white lighting are by far the best.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us to help you in a more efficient manner.

1 Like

1 Like

The nodes are very short

I don’t see anything wrong with that plant other than the cut stems. Did you trim those stems off, or is an animal eating your stems?

Are you referring to the distance between the nodes? You can increase spacing btw nodes by reducing light intensity, though the node spacing looks fine to me.

4 Likes

I think you are referring to the stubby stems. It has nothing to do with pH. Either an animal or insects are causing it.

1 Like

Do you have a pet rabbit?

They look fine, let’m grow. They can be amazingly resilient.

Short nodes means they’re getting plenty of light, not a bad thing. Do a search on here for Uni-T.

3 Likes

Excessive trimming and defoliating will slow a plant down a lot. Let her grow and get bushy and take leaves as needed, unless you’re doing some HST (High Stress Training) which I don’t personally recommend with autos because of their short recovery window.

3 Likes

I suppose my previous post should say “short node spacing” means plenty of light. Anyway, let’r grow I believe you will get some usable bud off of her. :slightly_smiling_face:

[quote=“MidwestGuy, post:8, topic:110145”]
• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
Triple G & Gorilla Glue
• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Soil with perlite & coco
Soil brand and type
Canna Terra professional plus soil
• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
Grow bags from Royal Queen Seeds
• Runoff pH
Don’t know
• Runoff PPM/TDS or EC
Don’t measure
• Indoor or Outdoor
Indoor
• Light system and wattage
Spider Farmer latest tent kit
• Temps; Day, Night
Day - 24-27c, night - 15c
• Humidity; Day, Night
Day - 60-65 Night - 50
• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Yes
• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Humidifier and heater
• Co2; Yes, No
No

Sorry, as a new user I could not reply sooner. Thank you guys for all your help.

Thank you Midwestguy for correcting the PH. But it’s most de stunted growth. I did trim the stems off as the nodes are very short and the plants were getting very bushy and not enough light was getting to the other areas underneath. It’s not a rubbit :joy:
I did follow the correct light distance and they grew normally for the first 3 wks or so, they’re around the 9 wk mark. The third plant - the auto is growing perfectly. These are not autos.
Should I now flip them to flower and see what happens?
Again, many thanks for all your help guys. This site is wonderful!

1 Like

It will be fine, an yeah @MidwestGuy is a tremendous asset to the community!

I was just kinda teasing about the rabbit, but my grand daughters rabbit ate my daughters house plant… so ya never know. :laughing:

Before ya know it, you being enjoying your efforts with a funny smile and red eyes. :star_struck:

On a side note if you would like to see what most people are talking about when mentioning defoliation take a look at my thread. I’ll tag you there.

Thank you! I laughed my arse off about the rabbit. I do usually lightly defoliate but with this problem I thought of maximising what could come out of the two plants and get rid of the rest. They’re at around 9wks now - quite small really. I’ll keep going and enjoy the auto way before. I did go over the top with the nutrients. I’ve since sat down and written out the amounts properly for each plant bag. Rockie mistake! Thank you again.

1 Like