The Polar Vortex - Baby, It's Cold Outside

I hope your humidifiers are fired up and ready to go.

10 Likes

Whats the impact of too low of humidity when they are flowering? I was kind of happy my dehumidifier shut off for a change.

1 Like

Low RH during flowering can be a good thing so long as it isn’t too low. Lower humidity helps to prevent mold or mildew problems. I do my best to keep the flowering RH between 35% and 45%.

If too low - the VPD (vapor pressure deficit) suffers. Good VPD is necessary for ideal leaf temperature regulation and for leaf transpiration (breathing,) but it’s not really a big deal if it only lasts a few days.

A VPD chart will give you an idea of ideal ranges. Don’t chase VPD, but do try to keep in in a reasonable range.

4 Likes

I have at least 4 weeks left on mine. Think its around 30% currently. Guessing I should push the humidity up to 40ish?

2 Likes

Good morning Grow Bro, Paula tried her 1st micro dose yesterday and it went flawlessly. We’re watching a few vids this morning and was curious and if you don’t mind sharing…. Were you taking SSRIs before and during when you started micro dosing? We’re hoping to completely get her off of the pharmaceuticals. Currently we’re dosing every other day and thinking 30 days off and repeat??? Appreciate all the guidance on your other journal and my apologies for jacking this thread :love_you_gesture:

7 Likes

Morning all,
-6 here in Missouri.
Heater is working overtime!

6 Likes

I took SNRIs, which are very similar. You can’t quit them cold turkey or you will get flu-like symptoms. I started withdrawing from my SNRI the day I started microdosing. It took me a few weeks to completely wean off the SNRI and I was microdosing every other day while withdrawing.

No need to take 30 days off.

The time between doses is to overcome the rapid tolerance that builds with psychedelics.

Good to hear. I hope it works for her as well as it has for me.

It’s awesome if the discussion leads to a positive outcome.

7 Likes

0 here just south of ya :metal:t2::green_heart::cowboy_hat_face:
Get ready for this afternoon

4 Likes

Glad she jumped on that train. I was worried she wouldn’t :hugs::metal:t2::green_heart:

2 Likes

Troy, mo

3 Likes

You are getting the brunt of it. We are only expecting an inch or so. But with the roads already below freezing they will become treacherous fast.

4 Likes

Good morning from the hillbilly it’s 33 here I couldn’t imagine being where it’s -6 dang. Bones to old couldn’t handle it. Winter store tomorrow. I’ll have to throw hash balls should be a big turn out🤣.

4 Likes

You’re a life saver Brother!! Paula sends big hugs my friend. She’s already asked me this morning where her dose is :joy::joy::love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Thats so wonderful. I love a good sucess story. Happy for the both of you.

2 Likes

I have to agree, Its not fun for a 65 year old man.
I take advantage of the areas the space heaters are warming up to console myself.

9 Likes

Many thanks again Brother, I’ve been down the road with her dosing down then up again when they prescribed her something else or new to try. It’s a dreadful process and can take several months to even possibly work…no pharmaceutical has so far :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

.5 gram caps from @StonedCold13 is what she is dosing. That looks pretty sweet :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

0.5g is what I do as well. It’s right on the edge of perceptible.

I had tried 5 different antidepressants before settling on the SNRI. Even it only worked so-so.

2 Likes

Its on it way to Tn. :astonished:

2 Likes