Starting a journal (indoors)

Mine is at 94, my ppm out is 650, still got some nutes in the FFOF

@Zee My girls look pretty good, they like more leg room. When did you go to 3 gal pots Zee?

35 days ago,aka 5 weeks :slight_smile: that’s great to hear, keep it up, can’t wait to see them!

@Zee, @Hellraiser, @dbrn32, Guys I was just reading about the nodes. Now I’m not sure I topped it right. I counted the little round leaves (Forgot what called now) as the first node. Is this going to be bad? I have been getting rid fan leaves here and there and they are starting to bush out.

How many nodes do you have w/o the bottom leaves?

Zee I counted the first node with the round leaves as 1 so, counting those branches i have 6

It is what it is now! LOL Will have to make the best of it.

They need to fix the site, to upload pictures. I get it’s a free site, but hard to help people. Sounds like you will be fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

You should still be fine.

2 Likes

Thanks guys!

2 Likes

Ok back to the journal! If @Zee and @Hellraiser would look this over please? I think I’ve been doing ok. Not over watering.
Catch up Two BG and two AKs. Week 7 Day 49 They are in FFOcean 3 gal. pots. Been in those pots for 13 days. Have been clipping leaves to let light down. AKs turning into bushes and BG catching up. Today I played with the runoff on one of the AKs. I hope I did this right, not sure what it means. My run-off test this morning from one of AKs. (Ph 5.9, EC 2.2-2.3, PPM 1.0-1.1 ) My tap water after standing tests EC 0204 ppm 0102. Do these look like anything in ballpark? I’m using cheap pen for TDS. Have good Ph pen. Looking on FF feeding schedules my numbers sorta match second or third week? I have not tried to give them anything but Ph 6.5 water. Zee I read your next transplant was going into Happy Frog. I wanted to do the same because you guys know what your doing. Could not get Happy Frog so guy at store pointed to some premium potting soil to mix with FFocean 50/50. I made up enough 50/50 for the trans to 7 gal. bags. Hope you guys think this is ok. Wish could show you guys pics see if I’m keeping up at all. Anyone welcome to comment as always… Hope this posts its Friggin spinnin!!

2 Likes

We have some catching up to do! How are the bees?

You can start a 2nd journal, it’s been the work around to post pictures.

Sounds like they’re healthy and happy, I really enjoy using FFOF for veggie stage. I will use it at least for my next round of grow.

pH out of 5.9 and in at 6.5 sounds right to me. I only use my cheap TDS meter for ppm readings. Your 1.0 to 1.1 seems like it’s 1000 to 1100, which is where I was, below 900, is when the girls in FFOF have used up a strong amount of the nutes in soil. I added the veg stage of the FF trio after it was below 900. Let Hellraiser bring up his thoughts on your readings. I believe between watering, it the ppm dropped 300ish each time. Just a rule of thumb on my grow notes.

My store was also out of Happy Frog, I waited the week for them to restock it. It’s a store that sells MJ friendly everything, he tried to sale me on a like brand, but just decided to wait. What’s the brand? I’ll do some diligence on it, and provide any feedback I read.

Keep at it beekeeper, you sound excited, I am too!

1 Like

@Zee Yes Bees are doing well this year have doubled my hives and have another yard so very good going with them. Keeps this guy hopping!. Anyway yes that TDS meter has four decimal places? So I was just giving you the first two numbers. I think my guy grows, Happy frog been on back order. Was there earlier this spring didn’t know I’d be getting away from Ocean. (ETI’S GREENHOUSE GOLD) was the potting soil. no Ph on label.

OMRI rated They use compost instead of real peat…

Everything seems normal for 13 days in FFOF, its full of nutes so will have a high runoff for 4-5 weeks. Using half FFOF in flowering will have you using a lot less nutes for first half of flowering.

1 Like

@Hellraiser Is this my best option besides happy frog? I still have time to change. Thanks for all the info, I’m very nervous at this point in the grow, I think they are doing well and don’t want to screw this up.!!! Happy Fathers Day To All the Dads Out there!!!

1 Like

Not much details on that brands website.

Glad Hellraiser caught my slip about the doses of FF trio. I used 1/8 recommend doses when I transfered. And also 4 to 5 weeks of not needing nutes. On the recommendation of Hellraiser, am changing my mindset on nutes. I went from following the feeding chart to reading the plants. If light green in Color, I’ll add nutes, if dark green I’ll just add pH water. Am not going to be aggressive with adding nutes, I can always add more if the plant turns light green. I see to many people nuke plants by being aggressive.

3 Likes

@Zee I only want to give them what they need to grow well. I don’t want to get aggressive with nutes. I think reading plants is the way to go. Just need more experience, Looking at them all the time, I swear those zippers are going to wear out first year! I really don’t like chemicals but I lack the experience and know how to go organic… Maybe in a couple years…

1 Like

No clue on that soil. I don’t like to deviate from my recipe for success, which is Happy Frog for flowering. If I could not get that for some reason, 2nd choice would be Promix HP, 3rd choice would be Promix BX (with added perlite). I really don’t like soils with much nutes in them for the flowering phase, messes with the whole feeding schedule and gives the wrong ratio of nutrients, too much N and not enough P&K.

1 Like

Thank You @Hellraiser I will try harder to find happy frog. Happy Father’s Day Hellraiser and to all the other Dads out there!

2 Likes