So I need edibles help

New world, so I have a 17 year old autistic non verbal son, who has massive violent meltdowns. It wasn’t a problem until he got big enough to overpower my wife. I can handle it but she can’t. So I’m asking for help in edibles because I read a study that showed 80 percent of meltdowns can be resolved by cannibus. @dbrn32 @Nicky @repins12 @blackthumbbetty

10 Likes

Im no help but best of luck with your son. I know how much of a handful our boys can be… not saying i know your pain. But again… good luck

7 Likes

I would recommend using jello gummy’s. Those are easy, and dissolve quickly. Otherwise any other edible will do, but dosage will be key to success. Always weigh what your putting in, then weigh the results.

3 Likes

I used alcohol infusion for mine, but seems like coconut oil works too.
I used one pack of flavored, 4 packs of unflavored. I evaporated the alcohol off, so there wasn’t any in mine, and followed the package instructions. You can use any juice to substitute water. I stick to just plain water, and add citric acid.

There’s also the chocolate version I have yet to try, but probably should…

8 Likes

I’ve never made edibles, but best of luck with your son.

Not sure if you would be interested in trying full spectrum cbd, but it helped my wife get off some of meds she was taking.

4 Likes

thanks for the support

2 Likes

I have thought about delta 8 for legal reasons. It’s funny I have lbs of cannibus to try with but my state doesn’t allow it so I have to wait for him to turn 18 . I just know my family has been in this bussiness for generations as both consumers and producers . It’s the only thing that keeps me sane so maybe he’s the same

4 Likes

Just make sure its thru a reputable breeder. I saw a TON of writeup somewhere around here about people tainting the cbds… tryna stretch it for profits. ILGM even offers a version.

I know id trust them alot more then gas stations….

5 Likes

Slippery slope for sure!

Have you looked into story about Charlotte’s Web? Coincidentally, it’s their products my wife uses. She tried a couple that were recommended by friends, and thought theirs helped the most.

Obviously two different conditions aa well, so no guarantee these products will work for you. But they shipped right to our door in timely fashion, and were successful in helping.

4 Likes

Thanks @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 I am willing to try anything I just don’t wanna lose control and then we’ll he’s institutionalized

3 Likes

mean while I’m meeting with investors and partners to start growing legally as medicinal passes, I got alot on my plate, oh and I’m building my daughter a house whoops forgot…

5 Likes

I guess I just need the pressure off in one area, the one I can’t control. @Growcoast @Zee

2 Likes

So any gummy recipes brownies, whatever please forward.

1 Like

If my state was telling me that my child couldn’t use cannabis but could in other states… I’d move

2 Likes

What kid dosent love kool-aid? Also I would think that a liquefied concentrate vs one that must first be broken down by acids and enzymes before becoming a liquid that then gets absorbed by the body would be faster. Im no DR. Though thats just my nickname

4 Likes

Thanks @Docnraq it’s funny one of my partners is a doctor the other is a rn.

2 Likes

also I own my home no mortgage , so it’s alot to risk.

1 Like

I’ve been making gummies and edibles for the last few months, decarb your cannabis, infuse with coconut oil (I find this to be the best oil to use after a lot of research) extract oil, save the pulp (works great in salsa). Once you have the oil you can put it in just about any recipe that calls for butter or veg oil.
You’ll want to make sure you are measuring and weighing everything so you can calculate how strong your oil is. And important to keep in mind how edibles take longer to take effect. You’ll need soy lechtin if you want to make the gummies, some people have soy and coconut allergies so be careful sharing with friends. I’ll post a few recipes that I’ve used again and again. I’ve calculated that my oil is 54.5mg per teaspoon, gummies end up 4-5mg each and

when I make a batch of cookies depending on the size of the scoop the cookies are 20mg each. The brownie cookies are dangerously delicious, don’t skip the sea salt step. :wink:

6 Likes

What do you mean?

1 Like

Bookmarked for her pleasure hehe

1 Like