Rust Spots on Flowering Auto

Hey, hoping for a little more info on how this works. I just ran 6.50, 51ppm water through my Girl Scout Cookies Extreme (plant 1 above) and her runoff came back with 6.58, 400ppm.

What ppm should I give it now and why, in your opinion?

Should the feeding only make up the difference up to ~800ppm (I.e., only add enough fertilizer to feed it an additional 400ppm)? Or should I give it as much as I always have been weekly, which is around 664 ppm? I have never tested runoff to determine feeding before; I just followed a schedule.

Any help greatly appreciated! Trying to wrap my head around this thing.

1 Like

Go the full 800-1000 with liberal run off. PH is on point just lacking nutrients. Water feed only when the PPMs exceed 1200 :love_you_gesture:

Hey, I’m pretty stressed because my plant is just looking worse. I have a lot of discoloration on a lot of leaves now that didn’t have any issues before.

Is this normal? Or is flushing and restarting an option? I’m just so concerned at how it’s looking from hour to hour. I would check ph/tds, but it feels like I should let the plant dry out before hitting it with water again. I would guess it won’t need water again until tomorrow.

Thanks again for all your help!

1 Like

Do you have quantities for how to mix this? And for root hormone, do you mean like clonex or rooting powder? Thanks

1 Like

Post several pics Grow Bro :love_you_gesture:

This last one shows it’s starting in on the sugar leaves.

Any guidance deeply appreciated!

ETA: this is plant 1 (Girl Scout Cookies Extreme) above. Plant 2 (Bruce banner) is doing great now.

2 Likes

It’s only been a few days Grow Bro, let them absorb the nutrients you’ve recently fead :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Update. The rust spotted leaves yellowed and look awful, but everything else seems to have stabilized, I think.

Should I prune the yellow/twisted ones now? I was leaving them to watch and for comparison.

Re next steps—I watered this AM with 6.5, 51ppm, and tested the runoff at 6.91, 585ppm.

Would you advise fertilizing again until runoff reads 800-1000 or waiting till Friday/Saturday (my usual once a week schedule)? Also, should I try to bring the ph down closer to 6.5?

Thanks again for the help!

2 Likes

You can remove the damaged leaves…they won’t recover. Yes feed at 800-1000 each time, only water feed when the run off exceeds 1200 and would recommend feeding at a lower PH (6.3) until that gets back down around 6.5. Looking good and nice work Growmie :love_you_gesture:

Same problem i think i also think im a lil short on potassium as well any suggestions today i watered until 10 to 20% run off with only cal mag in the water i wanted to use my banna peel water but was scared to mix it with the cal mag not knowing the right ratio next watering is going to be with the nana juice tho

This is als my 1st grow all three are autos very top is sour diesel other 2 came out of a mix pack so i dont know the strains all from 42 fast buds they are also 7 weeks old

1 Like

How exactly do you adjust your ppms is that just more of a heavier feeding or what :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, what’s your full strength PPM reading? My tap TDS is 130ish and full strength jacks reads around the 850ish mark which is good for all methods of growing :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

What’s your input PH and PPMs as well as the run off of these 2. Most issues are PH related :love_you_gesture: