Recommendations for a small dehumidifier please

Looking to place a small dehumidifier inside my 5x5 tent. I think that it will only require about a pint of water removed daily. I emailed AC Infinity and asked what they recommend, and this is the only one of them that is a small capacity. Anyone have experience with this one, or using a dehumidifier inside a 5x5?

Levoair Dehumidifier 68oz(2000ml) Small Dehumidifier with Drain Hose for Up to 650 sq.ft Ultra Quiet Mini Portable Air Dehumidifier for Home Basements Bathroom Bedroom Closet Kitchen RV

Visit the Levoair Store

4.3 4.3 out of 5 stars

$63.99 with 36 percent savings -36% $63.99

From my experience the small ones do absolutely nothing :confused:
Maybe if the tent was sealed up but if it’s vented into a run like lost setups then you have to control the room as the air is replaced with the air from the room faster then the little dehumidifier can remove the moisture.

4 Likes

I agree with @1HappyPappy I purchased a small one and it did nothing. Don’t waste your money. :blush::v:

4 Likes

What size room is your tent in? Buy a dehumidifier for that room size and keep it out of the tent. If applicable add the drain hose and your set.

3 Likes

@1HappyPappy @Thumper @Flitme Thanks for your replies. I guess a little more explanation was needed. I am presently trying to seal up my tent for co2 injection. Doing this by limiting the intake and exhaust fan run time.
The lung room is the 26x30 basement garage, and stays in the low 60s this time of year. The sealed tent temperature is not bad, only about 75-76. It is the humidity that is the problem, and it slowly rises to above 75% from 50% in about 30 minute cycles. Must be the moisture from the coco filled AutoPots. Didn’t see the humidity problem coming, but should have. Last winter, even with the ventilation fans running, the humidity was always above 55%.
I just need something for the tent that will absorb this small amount of moisture as it is being released. I set a large 40 pint dehumidifier in the tent, and will not work. Due to very short run time. It was not long before the compressor was locked out on over temperature.
Do the small non refrigerant type dehumidifiers even collect water? If so will they continue to work below 50% humidity?

2 Likes

I purchased this one for my 4x4x80 tent. It took days for the reservoir to fill and it made no difference in the humidity.

I now have this one and it works great in the winter. They do creat heat so in my room that is climate controlled it keeps the humidity down and the temperature comfortable.

1 Like

Purchase the largest dehumidifier your budget allows. It’s better to have the ability to make it dry as a bone in there, than to have it struggle to get there.
I purchased one similar above, but I know it’ll run my room down to 35% humidity if I let it.

Always leave room for the variables, for the maximum and minimum.

I don’t know what your budget is, but dehumidifiers are rated per how much water they can remove from the air in a 24 hour period. This one is rated for 50 pints.

hOmeLabs 4500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier - Ideal for Large Rooms and Home Basements - Powerful Moisture Removal and Humidity Control - 50 Pint (Previously 70 Pint) https://a.co/d/iwLmJsN

1 Like

@Covertgrower @Flitme, thanks! I already have a 45 pint dehumidifier. But I was hoping to get a small refrigerated type dehumidifier. But it looks like the smallest available is a 22 pint. I think this will be too much capacity for a 25 square foot space. It maybe best to just use the ventilation fans to remove this small amount of moisture, and just waste a little co2.
The plants are still under 12 inches tall, and the AutoPots are not on the reservoir yet. Once they are on the reservoir the top of the coco will dry somewhat, and should release less moisture.
I have switched the controller to run the fans to maintain 55 - 65%. It will need to cycle a few times to keep the humidity down. It will have a longer cycle each time. Here is a screenshot of the controller history last hour. The red is temp, the blue is humidity, and green is VPD. This ACI controller with BT is so cool! Make changes and monitor things while sitting at the kitchen table.

1 Like

If you’re able to bump the temperature closer to 80°F it may help a little. Everything else looks pretty good. 75° isn’t terrible though. I wouldn’t stress too much.

1 Like

It is just fun playing with the new toys! In a few weeks it will just be something I check a couple times a day. I will say that the co2 maybe creating more problems than it is worth. But for $120 for the ACI controller. It is almost worth that to know the co2 level. Was surprised to find that before adding any co2 the tent was at 650 ppm. Been running co2 on at 650, off at 750, and need to adjust the regulator to minimum in order to prevent overshooting level.

2 Likes