Star gazer

1 Like

Turned my little light on this morning, here they come. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

That’s gonna be a nice flush!

5 Likes

Thank you thank you :hugs:

1 Like

Its funny to me that the patch of really dense mycelium to the upper right isnt pinning like the rest. I mean its a mound of mycelium, with contours and everything lol!

2 Likes

Will that fluorescent light be too much light for fruiting? Or is it to close to that top tub?

5 Likes

You only need enough light exposure to get pinning started and to get their growth going the right direction; up. I used a similar light to yours for years without problems. It seemed that pinning was faster with the bigger light but it could have been the strains, too. I switched to a small desk lamp because I was always forgetting to shut off the bigger overhead florescent light and am too cheap to buy another timer lol! Ideally, I only leave a light on for the start of pinning and then only turn it on for a breif period each day during fruiting to keep the direction going up.

5 Likes

One too many jars nearly ready and I’m running out of tubs quickly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. This will be my first blue meany batch and colonization was quick. Hopefully she’ll be quick to bulk and fruit too :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

That’s pretty quick. Liquid culture?

2 Likes

Yes. So much quicker than spore.

4 Likes

I did my last inoculation with LC. I’ve had LC jars going since last November.

4 Likes

Its wonderful how well LC works. My successes rates have never been better. I took advantage of a 5 pack deal at inoculate the world and expanded every one of them into an LC jars. I know have enough LC to last me 2 lifetimes, maybe 3 lol!

3 Likes

I have LC 3 jars going and inoculated the flush I have going now with one of them. Yeah, I was impressed with the speed of colonization versus spores. They will run out of food before I need all of them. It’s no big deal. I only microdose and I’ve got enough at this point to last for 2 years. Shrooms are just really fun to grow.

3 Likes

Yeah, I wish we could calculate the life span of an LC jar a little better but I guess its in large part up to what the strain is and how quickly they use up the food souce. I refrigerate mine to slow that process down a little.

2 Likes

Kudos to Tim Ferris for funding psychedelic research

4 Likes

Why they keep the art department in the back of the building :joy:

3 Likes

Today has been 2 weeks since i inoculated and i cant see anything bro i think its a dud

2 Likes

I inoculated this one April 29th and that little bit of mycelium under the port site was visible as of yesterday. Give it time hope it works out for you. What is the temperature where you are storing your bag?

5 Likes

It can take a while, especially if the spores were injected into the middle of the grow media.

4 Likes

Ok so that gives me some hope its about 70 degrees no lower than 65 tho

3 Likes