Psilocybin Adventures

There are alot of ways to create a fruiting environment. How many shrooms are you wanting to produce? If the answer is oz’s then think monotub if the answer is lbs, think martha tent. I grew mushies in AZ, you’ll be ok.

3 Likes

getting closer

4 Likes

Lol, i want to grow bunches lol

2 Likes

A trick, if you spit on your finger, you can move the silicone around to form better seal with the lid and it wont stick to your finger.

2 Likes

What size is a mono tub? I watched online, the smallest tubs were 15qt… thats where im still trying to figure out… what am i putting them in lol… Hopefully i didnt get scammed & i have a pressure cooker coming at sone point. If that fails, ill have to use the oven method.

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

My humidity in the house runs an about 30-35%. It’s all about the tub and keeping the humidity up in that… easy to do especially if it’s not in a too warm of a place- they like it cool.

2 Likes

You can’t rely the pressure cooker with the oven. Oven method is used to do inoculation

2 Likes

Any size will work, use the substrate calculator to determine how much substrate and spawn you will need. Wow, I just went to amazon to look up the price of a portable greenhouse and they are now like 40 bucks! Crazy, 10.00 just a few years ago.

1 Like

Do you have a link for that calculator, omgosh that would totally help me, i suck at math & guessing lol

I thought i could sterilize jars in the oven… if the cooker doesnt come?? Is that wrong

1 Like

Yes.
Grain requires a pressure cooker.

This is very helpful when planning projects.

3 Likes

You can sterilize the jars but that doesn’t do any good because they will get sterilized in the PC.

My favorite sized tub is 16 X 12 X 7"… I put anywhere from1.5 to 2 quart jars of grain into that substrate that is approximately 3.5-4 inches deep. I just make up substrate, pasteurize it and use what I need (I always make too much). The leftover, I keep in a sealed bucket and just re-pasteurize it for the next round.

1 Like

Same size I use. The ones I buy fit perfectly on the shelf of a martha tent (2 side-by-side per shelf.)

2 Likes

Yup. So @TT I buy two of the same size. I use one as the bottom and one as the top. Get clear totes and all you have to do is line the bottom with a black trash bag or spray paint. I don’t spray paint now because the paint eventually starts chipping off.

2 Likes

I’m about ready to fire up a grow now that the risk of my syringes freezing in the mail is almost gone. Will probably order B+ later in April.

1 Like

I havent done the process yet but i painted the bottom of my first monotub and then read its an outdated tech and to just use black bags as liners too. Mostly because the substrate shrinks back and exposes the sides risking side pins and aborts. Is this correct @Caligurl

It does, but my experience has been that the substrate sticks to the bag and pulls the bag in with it as it shrinks and pulls away from the sides.

1 Like

Yeah thats what i meant. The bag allows for less issues as apposed to painting the bottom of the tub.

I haven’t had issues with the bag moving with the substrate as it shrinks…

1 Like