Proper Feed For My Plants

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

"I have a question for you about what the proper feed is for my plants. I’ve gotten to the point where I can grow large plants that can produce buds with a high thc count and lots of crystals, smelly deliciousness. But, my buds aren’t as thick and dense as I would like them to be. What would you recommend/information can you give me on this topic? I grow outdoors. Not looking to break the bank, price point items would be ideal. "

2 Likes

My first thought was how much direct sunlight do they get? I’m also guessing you’re on top of all that but thought I’d toss it out there. Or at least, I’m curious. Light can be a factor in bud density.

2 Likes

Hiya @Matthew420 :blush:… another thought would be air temperatures, too high and you’ll get airy buds…after that nutrients, lowering nitrogen in flowering and increasing phosphorus and potassium at the right times.

1 Like

@kabongster @kabongster I’m just going to trough this out there, I’m no expert or anything but, I kind of remember reading on this site some where that if the plant stretches it could cause the buds to be less compact or airy I guess. So could that be to much nitrogen during the flowering stage?

did you add nitrogen fertilizer to the soil, either a slow release form or during feedings?

Yes, it can cause stretch in the stems and airy buds…nitrogen is still necessary but at a much lower percentage during flowering.

1 Like

Can the “customer” read this thread?

Yes, posts can be read by the public, to reply they’d need to create an account.

Give them silica in combination of a good balance phosphorus .