Please help yellowing leaves and tip burn

It was the 1st feed since they got nute burn. After the nute burn i flushed with 5.8 phed water and outcome was ph 6.2. Not checked the ppm of water yet. Will check in the morning and let you know the outcome.

The water is the only thing I can think of that would raise your ppm’s so high unless they put some additives in your coca medium. You should flush till you get that at least cut in half then you should be good and just use water till the run off starts to drop off say 150 to200 ppm’s then do another feed. This way you won’t be getting a build up of nutes in your medium.

@tee3737 hi mate…need your help again. My babies are doing fine now but a couple of the lower leaves are turning yellow. I’m thinking low nitrogen from what I can see and what I’m reading on here but not sure how to correct it as I’m feeding them with the canna a & b and don’t want to overload them and burn them again. Thanks in advance.

Hey @Anagy650 was wondering what happen to you. If you could throw up a pic I might be able to tell you more. :cactus:

@tee3737 pics are above

Not looking to bad. Now’s the time to do your first topping after your next set of leaves come out and pick up your ppm’s to around 400 to 500.One thing to look out for at this stage is purple color on your stems and the tips of your leaves twisting to one side like their being pulled by a string these are two signs of a cal-mag deficiency. At some point you’ll need to add a little more cal-mag because it is the first nutes that gets used up because their need for photosynthesis. so if you don’t have a small bottle of cal-mag you should really get one .As far as the yellow leaves go you can snip them off if you want their not doing anything for your plant. Did you ever figure out the ppm’s of your water?

@tee3737 i will grab some cal-mag tomorrow as I haven’t got any. Yes I fed them phed water again and the ppm came out OK the second time. Im so happy you think they are looking OK. I have 5ft of space in height left in my tent under the lights. At what height should i change to flowering so they don’t grow too high.

You can control the height with topping and L.S.T. (low stress training) so you have plenty of space left. What I usually do is seedling to Veg is around 1 month in time Then from veg to bloom anywhere from a month to two month depending on how big she is. I like mine around two to three feet. Then the bloom phase can take anywhere from 55 to 80 days depending on the strain you have. Your growing height will slow in flowering phase but still will gain height. The nice thing with topping is where you only have one bud sight at the top of the plant when you top it now you have two. When you get to that stage I’m more then happy to help you out mate. :cactus:

1 Like

@Paranorman @garrigan62 @tee3737 @yoshi @Hogmaster

Iv got up this morning a found these brown spots on my seedling. It is in coco coir and has only been fed phed water and rhizotonic root booster up to now. It’s also started to appear on my 3 plants that are in veg at the min but not as bad as the seedling. All grow room info is at the top of this post. Please help. Thank in advance your help is greatly appreciated.

Iv also checked for bugs and can’t find anything in there.

Whenever you grow with coco coir you must keep a hydro ph range which in seedlings and vegging should be about 5.6-5.8 , and also since coco coir is a neutral medium which has no trace elements are organic organisms in the medium , it’s no calcium or iron in the medium being its a soilless medium . This mean each watering you must used Calmag ? Now at this stage of growth 2.5 ml is plenty to help prevent this calcium issue you seeing or iron defiency . But once the plant gets establish and stat to grow and produce nodes after you transplant , your Calmag measurement will go to .5 ml in a 1-3 gallon pot size , and 5-10 gallon is 1 ml , but flush the seedling with Ph water at 5.5 with 2.5 ml of Calmag or non sulfur molasses and it should recover and get back on track , hope this helps !!!

2 Likes

@yoshi thanks for the info. Iv just got some calmag and will give it them today. I forgot to mention that my runoff ph is 5.8 now as was a little high when I started. This helps massively and as always the info on this forum is spot on . Thanks guys.

1 Like

@Anagy650

You see how my pic and your pic are almost one an the same.
Check your P H

Solution for Manganese Deficiency

Your plant may also exhibit signs of a manganese deficiency if the pH is too high, or if the plant is getting too much iron.

Learn how to manage your pH when growing cannabis.

Please note: After a manganese deficiency is cleared up, the problem (brown spots and yellowing leaves) will stop spreading to other growth usually within a week. Please note that leaves which have been damaged by a manganese deficiency will probably not recover or turn green, so you want to pay attention to other growth for signs of recovery.

In soil, manganese is best absorbed by the roots in the 6.0 - 7.0 pH range (some growers recommend keeping the pH slightly lower, from 6.0 - 6.5, if you suspect a manganese deficiency in particular)

In hydro, manganese is best absorbed by the roots in the 5.5 - 6.0 pH range (in hydro, it’s generally recommended to keep the pH between 5.5 - 6.5, but manganese specifically tends to be best absorbed below 6.0)
If you suspect your growing cannabis plant has a manganese deficiency, flush your system with clean, pH’d water that contains a regular dose of cannabis-friendly nutrients that includes manganese. This will remove any extra iron or nutrient salts that may be affected the uptake of manganese, it will help restore pH to the proper levels, and will supply the plant with any missing nutrients.

You are looking to avoid higher pH ranges, as this is where manganese deficiencies are most likely to occur.

If you cannot get rid of your manganese deficiency,
Leaf Color:
Pale Color Leaves
Yellow Leaves - New Growth
Yellow Leaves - Lower, older leaves
Yellowing Between Veins
Veins of Leaves Stay Green
Brown or Dark Spots
Mottling / Mosaic Pattern
Leaf Symptoms:
Upper Leaves / Newer Growth Affected
Lower Leaves / Older Growth Affected
Yellowing Between Veins
Veins of Leaves Stay Green
Spots
Mottling / Mosaic
Slow Growth
Abnormal Growth
Plant Symptoms:
Slow Growth
Spots on Leaves?:

Hope this helps

Will.

5 Likes

@garrigan62 thanks for the info. I can’t find any supplements online with manganese in it. Is there anything you can recommend? Thanks in advance.

Epsom salt works well for that

@Countryboyjvd1971 thank you. Will get some tomorrow. Is it best to foliar feed or mix and feed with next watering?

I mix a tea spoon in with Cal mag solution when I water in between nut
feedings
When I need to

1 Like