Please help, mold spreading FAST

Hello everyone, I have 2 plants that are almost fully infested with mold and I’m looking for a remedy in order to stop the spread to the remaining crop!! Thanks in advance

3 Likes

Looks like bud rot to me not white powdery mildew. Sorry bout the plants

3 Likes

The first photos looks like mold around the stalk. That white fuzzy stuff you can see.

How long tell you were going to harvest?

2 Likes

@HippieRunner1 this is my Glookies #2 plant and she is still a solid 3 to 4 weeks from mature. Glookies #1 has no rot and is just behind this one, my do si do’s 33 #1 and #2 have contracted the rot as well and they are at week 7 of flower so still about a week early but they both are getting the chop tonight, just bought 3% hydrogen peroxide and also lemon juice for a bud wash to hopefully sterilize everything so it won’t spread during dry. Both of my cookies kush and also my all gas OG x gelato have luckily been untouched so far but I’m thinking it’s because they flipped a few weeks later :man_shrugging:t2:

That’s a bummer , Yeah definitely plants have a problem… You must be in a area where you have high humidity and a lot of rain, Plants are not loaded with foliage. Unless you can increase air flow you may end up harvesting a little early.
Good luck !

1 Like

Not sure what I can do to stop the spread to the 4 other as far as maybe lemon juice and water fog to basically Kill any spores on the remaining plants

About 2 weeks ago we had almost a full week of rain and or mist so all of my earlier flower plants really took a hit

1 Like

You can mix a 50/50 of water/peroxide and douse them. The peroxide kills mold. But you have got a lot that needs to be cut off ASAP. Remove all infected areas to fresh green, then spray liberally.

2 Likes

Mist the affected areas 50/50 hydrogen proxide water .

1 Like

@Borderryan22 can I mix 50/50 in my ryobi Fogger ??

1 Like

Couldn’t tell ya. I don’t see why not, though

2 Likes

@kellydans @Borderryan22 copy that, thanks again for the information!!!

3 Likes

I killed white powerdy mildew spraying Baking Soda 1 TBL per gallon of water I tried alot of home remedies but this worked you have to keep spraying a few times good luck with your plants you did a excellent job growing them, I lost all but 2 top colas when I had the virus, Don’t hesitate to chop I have before if it gets worse you still will have Bud’s

1 Like

Yes you can mix that into a fogger

1 Like

looks more like bud rot, bummer! outdoor growing has its challenges.

as stated above cut out all affected areas and then I would spray with peroxide /water mix.

keep a close eye out for recurrence on the affected plants

1 Like

@blueskies
Giving this concoction a whirl !!

I spent a few hours this weekend cutting out beautiful buds on giant plants that had bud rot in my buddies greenhouse that does not have great ventilation

looks like a good fogger ,cut out the rot sections first!

1 Like

@blueskies i have cut the rot out so fogging tonight should help, I’ve seen bud rot before but not the way it literally took 2 whole plants and it spread fast. The only 3 plants that haven’t had any rot are glookies #1 cookies kush #1 and all gas og x gelato so I’m hoping to kill off spores to slow it down to harvest which hopefully be just 2 more weeks on the glookies and she is a big girl