Pest in flower thinking of garlic cloves

Hi there I am in 3 and a half weeks in flower i have noticed white spots on the leafs. white flys argh!. was wondering if i simmering garlic cloves in a pan, leave to cool down and pour in a spray bottel to use will it efect the buds in anyway or even down to tase ect? never done it before but i have the cloves in a pan lol

2 Likes

Howdy
Welcome
I think you have to use a dash of oil or detergent as well.
Garlic Gardening Spray

Use this simple garlic repellent to deter garden pests like aphids and slugs. It can also help eliminate powdery mildew on foliage.

Peel the cloves from a whole head of garlic and put in a food processor or blender with 235 ml of water. Purée the mixture (this takes about a minute in a regular food processor). Alternatively, chop or crush the cloves as finely as you can by hand and mix well with the water.
Add a further 700 ml of water to the mix, along with 30 ml of any liquid soap. Blend again and then transfer to a clean jar.
Leave the mixture to steep overnight, or for at least 12 hours, so that the garlic can infuse the liquid with its potent sulphur compounds.
Once the mixture has had time to steep, strain it through a muslin cloth or fine mesh strainer to remove the solid garlic pieces (which would otherwise clog the nozzle on your spray bottle).
Pour the garlic-infused liquid into a reusable spray bottle and store in the fridge between uses.
Spritz plants in the evening, holding the spray about 15-30 cm away from the foliage, and cover both sides of the leaves with an even coating of the garlic pesticide spray. Reapply every few days (and after any rainfall) when your plants are suffering with an infestation, or once a week as a deterrent.
1 Like

@Hashtonbutcher cheers pal i have made some last night but without the sope mixed. i will make a next batch with sope mix.

so with being 3+weeks into flower this will be all ok :+1:

1 Like

I have an idea for the sope.
Could i use ORIGINAL SOURCE: tingly mint & tea tree.
squeeze some of that into the bottle with the garlic.

1 Like

I use minced garlic in the garden to keep critters like chipmunks away and it works well. I don’t have any experience if it works for bugs or not. Looks like @Hashtonbutcher found something that says it does.

Welcome to the forum.

@Hashtonbutcher you replied 7 hours ago and you are always around very early. Do you ever sleep? lol. Maybe not in the US?

3 Likes

Howdy
No, I don’t sleep much. I am in OZ.
Glad you are back in the saddle again after your stay in hospital.

1 Like

I would love to get down there some day to check out OZ. I have a couple of Kiwi friends too.

1 Like

@MidwestGuy HI and thank you this forum is the one.
I definitely have pest thrips whitefiles they on the lower part of the plant.
i will try the garlic mixed in the water and will spray all of the lower parts. still curious about the mint and tea tree hmmm.

@Hashtonbutcher whats your thoughts on this? i live in the UK and well you all will no about growing the plant here right.

So that in mind i cant afford any mistake, especially half way through flower.
hope yous keep safe and well :pray:t2:

1 Like

Every one of us makes mistakes. The vast majority of them are recoverable.

1 Like

Howdy @eddi8
I live in penal colony here in OZ, had my door kicked down by storm troopers for cannabis plant :smiling_face_with_tear:
I am gonna grow outside for the second time this year and the strains are real stinkers and storm troopers HQ is two streets away :sweat_smile:
Regarding garlic spray on flower?
I don’t think it would hurt.
I will have a look on google and see what I can find.

1 Like

agreed and i have over the years.
this my 2nd organic grow all is well apart from this issue.
i will put some pics on

1 Like

big up on the replys am on stand by waiting on a green light :laughing:.

yeah am doing mine out side but in a grow rent. mylar the tent in half 1 side veg orher bloom.

we dont have trooper like you do tho.
but nosey arss nabours lol

1 Like

Howdy @eddi8
This is the one you want ,new to me.
Avocado pit - Effective against whitefly infestation

In case you are only concerned about whitefly, this is the alternative that will give you less headaches. Just grate the avocado pit and mix it with a liter of boiled water. Try to apply this mixture at least one day after you have prepared it. But to apply it, you have to add even more water to this mixture (specifically half a liter per 100 milliliters of mixture.

If you cannot do this I would just try the garlic but you need to add the organic soap or detergent.,it helps to stick to the critters and suffocates them.

1 Like

thank you i have also been doing some research.

Bicarbonate soda is supposed to be 100%organic repellent with neem oil and sope.

I have just used bicarbonate soda (baking soda) US

I have done the spray and will let yous know what happens i haven’t been able to reply straight away because am a new to the forum, i will also put some pics up

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

The damage on those leaves looks more like spider mite damage (possible thrips, but leaning more towards mites).

This is one of my plants that I am fighting elm mites and two-spotted mites on.

do you have a good scope or jewelers loupe?

I use Pure Crop 1 - it’s a bit pricey but all natural and good to use up to harvest.

yeah they thrips, white flys.
in the night shine a uv light you will see most pest glow.

if so laddy bugs get an army of them.

or bicarbonate soda in a 1ltr spray bottle of temp water, you can add soap 5 drops i would use some sort of no sent organic 1 and some Neem oil.

i just used bicarbonate soda but used to and a hald tea spoons.

that dose was to strong and burnt the leafs but got rid of the pest.

i recommend 1 tea spoon to 1lt of water and go from there.

you might need to spay a few time ie when lights just go out do that for 2 days. after spay with RO water.

if you do see slight burn on the leafs use mineral water PH at 7🙏

1 Like

hahahah just clicked send and just released this is on my post pmsl
what a mong i am at times lol
dont help screen on phone broken but no excuse :rofl::joy:.
i will looking into that just now