Outdoor Grow Cycle

I live in Central New York and I want to grow a couple outdoors this year. Is it to early to plant outside? If so when would be the earliest I should start?

Thank you

2 Likes

Probably too early. You risk a frost happening over night and killing the young plant. Many people go with Memorial Day to be safe for putting plants outside.

2 Likes

June is good. May temps OK for my location but morning dampness (or daily rain), make for damp/cold conditions that my seedlings don’t survive.

1 Like

I’m in CNY also, and nothing of mine (weed, tomatoes, etc) goes in the ground before May 15, with a forecast of warmth (for us, anyway). That said, this is apparently a great climate for cannabis. My first grow was last year, and two White Widows gave me over two pounds on plants that reached between ten and twelve feet.

1 Like

I would wait til the low temps stay above 50°

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice. I plan on growing a couple of Blue Dream auto’s and maybe Lemon Haze. I already grow indoors and have a few harvest under my belt. My brother grew 4 plants outdoors last year and he wound up with a huge harvest as well.

1 Like

Gotcha, that’s why I ask. This will be my first outdoor grow and I wasn’t sure if May or June would be better. Thank you

Thank you I do appreciate it.

My yard is under development, for stealth grow activity.
My only “unseen” spot (20sqft) only get 2-3 hours of direct sunlight, if any sunshine is available.
Not the best condition for bush, but my clones love the spot.
Ideally, full sunlight would be best.
June 22, daylight starts to reduce from 15/9 sunrise to set.
Twilight hours longer.
June mornings the Damp/dew burns off better.
PNW June starts our “dry” season (June-Sept).
Outdoor weed: Learn or practice “washing” the harvest before hanging to dry and cure.
Good growing to you