On Multiple Threads - Just for Consideration

Well, welcome to censorship city!

1 Like

Not sure what you are referring to when you say ā€œNot the approach to takeā€
Helping new members post questions about a grow in the same thread is all I was saying. If its unrelated then by all means start a new topic.
We have people starting 20, 30 or more threads on the same plant. Plus they hijack other threads asking questions there when their own doesnā€™t get an answer in a minute or two. Its hard to know how to help them.
But its probably just me. Like I said, I dont expect anything to change.

3 Likes

NAH this forum has been great. Everyoneā€™s been super friendly. Nobody seems to talk down to the newbs that just donā€™t get it. I havenā€™t looked back to the old site at all really. Just a few people Iā€™m sharing some seeds with. I just have to mail care packages off soon. But honestly Iā€™m hoping to get most of them over to this site. Talking it up over there. Anyway, I want to thank Currdogg again for inviting me over to the site. Itā€™s really worked out well.:scream_cat:

7 Likes

People here are GREAT!! No argument there at all!
I was talking about the forum and itā€™s link policy and it extends beyond that even to just words!
Try typing ā€œBankā€ behind the word ā€œChaseā€ and it says you canā€™t! Really? WTF?
Iā€™ve been on many forums, some commercial, some just dudes who share a passion and not until I got to ILGM was I ever restricted in a link or even a series of words I can post.
Itā€™s all kinda rich considering growing marijuana is still illegal in well over HALF of the WORLD!

1 Like

It is kinda odd sometimes. Its not like we all dont know ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦oopsā€¦I Mean PAYPA*L exists.
Perhaps an attempt to limit providing personal contact or financial info for interaction with other members.

2 Likes

Sorry not at all meant to offend you.
Help is great and appreciated.:pray:

I will explain myself. All I meant is the kindergarten approach. If you treat all the new accounts as kindergartners. All you will get is kindergarteners. Anyone serious about growing is just going to go out and play in their garden and say eff off to the site. In my humble opinion itā€™s the wrong approach throttling somebody for weeks on end. And who wants to take on keeping track of all that shit anyway. To be brutally honest. But honestly it doesnā€™t matter. The site has so much traffic and I donā€™t think it would affect the site either way.

All Iā€™m talking about is from my point of view, coming from another forum where the moderator started to throttle really bad. Without getting into it. And myself starting a new account on this site. It literally took me three days til I could just say hello to all my old friends that were already out on this site. Or to make any kind of logical response in any thread that picked my curiosity or my particular knowledge in growing. That said I totally get how you got a watch for the bots and make sure somebody isnā€™t full of shit. Like theyā€™re trying to push and agenda about selling Teslaā€˜s or banning plastic bags. I feel that the forum works and thins out organically like I was saying. The people that arenā€™t serious about growing move on to other stuff. If they donā€™t have the patience to learn how to grow. Thatā€™s true of all crops not just cannabis.

Seriously, Iā€™m not trying to offend, I am pretty even mannered temperament. I almost didnā€™t even respond to this post because I donā€™t have ā€œstreet credā€ on this site yet. I just felt I had a particularly current and relevant point of view. Having just started an account on this site myself. Happy growing and much respect and love.

edit: moderator throttling lol. Profanity.

5 Likes

Amazon is allowed because they get a kick back! Told me all I needed to know!

1 Like

Nah @noddykitty1 , not offended at all.
I do believe we are saying the same thing but perhaps differently.
My initial post and my intent was to kindly encourage new posters who start multiple threads about the same grow to just stick with a single thread for the sake of the accumulation of information. If they perhaps filled in a support ticket but the next day asked why their plant has a speckled leaf on a new thread well here we are starting over. I did say not to insist on it.
Anyway, in the long run it is what it is. And I would like it to stay a nice place like it is. I have seen the other forums and it gets nasty on those places quickly. Too many egos.
Im gonna go plant some tomatoesā€¦Time to get this years crop started.

5 Likes

Nice, planting the tomatoes myself on the 1st.
Just took cuttings as we speak. All my cover crops :nose::helicopter: and pollinator crops. These all root like blackberriesā€¦

Bees love the catnip. Much overlooked pollinator plantā€¦

Rosemary, lavender, and heather (pollinator, and stays evergreen)

4 Likes

See that on every post answer as well :love_you_gesture:

Very common on other forums as well.

ā€œFlushing is for toiletsā€ is the frequent comment on other forums, and it is typically part of an overall insulting reply. I get that flushing before harvest is controversial, but it is absolutely necessary for those with a salt buildup.

I tend to focus on the newer threads and members too. I feel itā€™s where I can most help for new growers.

7 Likes

My nip does well, right up till it accidentally gets broken or a leaf gets crumpled and the one cat I allow outdoors finds it!
He doesnā€™t realize the importance of bees! LOL!

You mean CalMag ISNā€™T the cure-all for every leaf spot? Hmmmmā€¦ :laughing:

But, itā€™s also the same as ā€œsaltsā€ in soil. Itā€™s a complete misnomer for the actual problem of lock out.
Fertilizer isnā€™t ā€œsaltā€ in the table salt sense of the word.
The nutrients a plant gets from chemical fertilizers is absolutely no different than the nutrition it gets from an organic source.
But that old myth will never die.

3 Likes

Wife has catnip planted ALL over the yard. And its a big yard. 2 cats in the house.
Bee Balm too. Its scary sometimes the bees it attracts.

1 Like

Well said and likewise and the same as @Spiney_norman

1 Like

We were all beginners at one point.

8 Likes

Yes sir and still consider myself a newbie compared to yourself, Spiney Norman and the other great cultivators on here :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Not nearlyā€¦
I figured out a style that works with few problems and I stuck to it.
Ill leave the rocket science to the rest.
Charlie Papazian who wrote a bunch of beer brewing books like to sayā€¦
ā€œIts not rocket scienceā€¦Unless you want it to be.ā€
Cannabis is the same way. I just dont want to turn it into a full time job just to get another gram out of the tent.
I went through that process reloading and shooting trying for smaller and smaller groupings. Weighing each bullet and each case to limit every tiny little difference in a cartridgeā€¦
I just want to grow it and use it.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve done the same. I have a couple of long-range, precision rifles that Iā€™ve tweaked, doing ladder tests and whatnot, the load for to accomplish the same. Itā€™s a fun hobby.

4 Likes

One I started to save moneyā€¦LOL, You know how that went. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

ok my turn to get something off my chest. I have just recently joined this forum and what I noticed immediately is that the topic may have started to discuss it but it has been going on for years and no longer has anything to do with the original topic or a couple of responders hijack the conversation and start talking about something not related to the topic. I HATE this. If we had a way to private message someone then I think these years long conversations ,that we all must endure as a new comment, would end. And yes there are a bunch of idiots who want to grow huge colas in there closet and panic at every little non conformity and want you to diagnose their problem for themā€¦and the best advice we can give them is help them grow by crawling, walking then run past me and by this I mean donā€™t try to make them a season grower and give them that kind of advice in your first response, just help them get that plant to live and produceā€¦

3 Likes