...O.G., DWC & Me

Checked my ppm today and sits right around 1000 ph was 5.7 she drank shit load of water in last 24hr’s with the ppm drop and the consumption of nearly 4 L of water I would say some happy ladies I suspect they would gladly let me dial up my nutes even further though I think its about as high as I would want for veg

2 Likes

just checked the ppm, both dropped 50 last night…450 down to 400…
pH 6.1, brought down to 5.7
here are a few photos after lites out last nite

I added water last nite, this morning, too, about 3-4 cups each…

now this ppm thing, add more nutes every day? I put 40ml aside for transition, about 20ml left…it should raise ppm about 100 per bucket (I think).
I am ready, they are near ready, I would like a week more veg, then switch over…the side branches are coming thru the fan leaves…

Patience, pH, ppm…

4 Likes

They are just about owning their space now I suspect you aren’t going to leave them in veg too much longer or you are going to be raising your light a bit to make them get taller? They look like they are filling your tent keep in mind they will easily double or triple in size once you flip lights to 12/12 I would raise light 6-8" higher give them a couple more days veg they’ll get a bit taller, or start adding your bloom nutes to transition them.

2 Likes

I tasted my Jack Herer last night still a little moist yet but smooth skunky old school taste and a very nice body stone with a creeping yet up lifting high. The aroma in bag is acidic citrus I didn’t expect it to be quite as smooth or tasty based on it’s smell had a skunky resin like taste burn was dark and oily but only 6 days since harvest so not quite dry or cured yet so the hard burn was expected definetly will be saving most for personal use :slight_smile: wasn’t too couch lock just about as potent as I would like for wake and bake

on a side note would make some awesome oil

3 Likes

raise the light,/lower the girls…I want them a little taller, but not much cause of the growth spurt at flowering and I am impatient…it’s not just the height, it’s how bushy too and I know they will get crowded.
I am ready to prune shoots that under-perform to thin it out for air and light.
I never got the fan speed controller…as the light goes up, the vent tubing is straighter, cooling is more efficient, the tent is cooler…at 74F now.
I started the light timing last night…18/6 is now 16/8 for a night or two, to 12/12 in a week or so…change bulbs, raise to 600 watts, lower the plants/raise the light.
Really don’t know what I’m doing, but that was always understood.

I’ll squirt the remaining Grow nutes in the bucket, start mixing Flower stuff with the Grow when running low for the next bucket change…Then harvest, right?

2 Likes

I’ve got to get a fan controller too! (thanks for reminding me before my 2 month free trial of Amazon Prime Runs out)

…right now I’m using the heat in my tent in an unheated 50 degree grow room

I’m loving your plants! @kabongster

1 Like

Very nice garden great job

1 Like

simply adding bloom nutes will raise ppm while still utilizing grow in the res so yes you have the right idea

1 Like

Dammit I’m jealous Kangoboster and DonaldJ , damn damn damn , hydro I wish I was smart enough , but I’ll go pout in the corner and gather my self and just do my lil soil grow shew !!!

Hey @yoshi don’t give up brother you’ll get it, we all learn by trial and error after all, you may not get it the first time but you get it eventually, don’t let 1 mistake hold you back :smile:

lol, @yoshi, be jealous on my next grow, or the one after that. I am working for this one, knowing it will get easier, but for me, it isn’t easy, not yet.
Reading about something is different from doing it.
Seeing pH go up overnight, then the first time you pH down it, but not overdo it (my first mistake, pH ping pong, high then low then hi then lo) and the damage it does when not done correctly.
Air temps AND water temps.
The right equipment, pumps, tubing, buckets, air stones…and way too many choices.
Lots of places for mistakes, to learn from!
Pot is a strong plant, lucky for us.

btw, I am jealous of you and your soil grows :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m studying and trust me I’ll figure it out , everybody stumble , but if I fall 7 times I’ll get up 8 ? But I have all the right stuff to run a hydro grow , I just couldn’t get it dial in and I don’t know the lil tricks yet but I’m doing lots of reading and of course I have you guys I hope . But once I get thru this scrog , I’ll start a hydro grow again and I’m determine to figure it out are I don’t consider myself a real grower . But once I figure out the water part and how high my water level should be in my waterfarm , I’ll give it a try again , but I really think that’s where I went wrong at by having my water to high and drowned my roots , but I’m doing a lil experiment right now with air injection and trying to see if that will work , but in time I’ll try hydro again .

3 Likes

Hey yoshi how are you doing the air injection ?

1 Like

I hadn’t started it yet , still watching YouTube videos , but I went to my local grow store to get some filter materials and they were closed , been busy treating my yard with lime , pesticides , and killing all the winter weeds , so I had a busy day with yard work and lost track of time , but I’ll go tomorrow and get some filter material so I can cut the size I need to make the barrier between the soil and the air and water pocket . But once I get all fixed up , I’ll post a photo and let you guys know how it works out . Than I had to get my lil white widow new home ready and transplanted for my soil scrog grow and now that’s all done , and I’m about to get my Amnesia auto started for my outside grow to see how that fans out also , but I’m almost finish , but the work is never done .

1 Like

I agree always something that can be done. I think I’m gonna go get a DWC setup tomorrow either a diy or a kit that comes with everything like the one I saw that you posted the

1 Like

Yeah the general hydroponic waterfarm system is a really good DWC drip feed system , I just couldn’t get my water level right and I think I drowned my roots and killed my seedling my first time trying , but it’s not to bad in cost and it has everything you need , but the air pump you might want to upgrade to a better brand , and a bigger air stone is all you might have to add separate but for as a set up they work great . I have just the single bucket square model , but I like the big octagon shape model which I think is bigger , but my local store only had the square single bucket set up , but you can find them on Amazon or EBay I’m sure my friend .

U taking about this one

I was checking It out as wen I was looking at them it’s like 10 bucks more than the smaller one at my local hydro store.

1 Like

Yes that’s it and it’s what I paid for my square version , same exact price …wow , but yeah I think it has more room for roots , which means the bigger the roots , the bigger the fruits ?

Now I bought a bigger stronger pump and a 4 inch round air stone to create more bubbles , I used the pump that came with the bucket for the the top drip feed and the stronger pump for the air stone for more fine bubbles to get better oxygen in the bucket .

1 Like

Have you checked out this type air diffuser for your bucket…post 11 I think…

1 Like