New here, second grow. Couple roots showing?

Hello all, brand new here. Im on my second grow…first grow was semi successfull. Hoping for a better yield this time around. Anyways at the moment im growing two plants, strain is bubblegum. All grow conditions are identical - lighting, soil, waterings and feedings but they look like two completely different plants. The one on the left, I labeled as 2 has two roots showing at the top of the soil. It is also not progressing as fast as the other. It seems to be about 2 - 3 days behind in flowering although it is 2 - 3 inches taller. Is this a cause for concern? Should i add extra soil to cover the roots or is it nothing to worry about yet? They are just 10 days into flower. Thanks in advance for any help!

4 Likes

Welcome, @Apollo I get roots showing all the time if you have any extra soil laying around go ahead and cover it I don’t unless the soil settles more than an inch or more.

No 2 plants will grow the same nothing to worry about it’s just a different pheno from the seed. Think about kids even though they have the same parents no two kids are identical even twins have some differences even if you can’t see the difference
Again welcome aboard good luck with your grow

You can see some roots in this picture if you blow it up I will be harvesting this later today

8 Likes

Welcome to the community :v:

3 Likes

YUP. cloth bags will grow better than 5gal plastic. My 5 gal plastic had 500 holes melted into for drainage.
Cloth bag grower after nasty petrochemical buzz from melting holes in plastic.
Welcome and good growing to you.

3 Likes

Looking great Growmie. @spankyjr1 gotcha covered :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Welcome!! Great looking plants :+1:

4 Likes

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Looks like you got a nice start there.

3 Likes

@spankyjr1 thanks for the response. Thst was the answer i was hoping for!

1 Like

I like your guardian!

2 Likes

@DEEPDIVERDAVE i think i will try bags next time around…

1 Like

Good, you will be amazed. Being a manly-male, I went with 10 gal bags. After my Heria, 5gals.
No that we repaired the hernia, 3 and 5’s are being stuck into the 10’s. I love high rise-condo living ladies.

back right of tent has 3gal into 10gal. Cant move because of two more similiar sized in 4x4.

Not all experiments work well.

3 Likes

shy030IeNMQmc

Have you done this before and did you get a good amount of roots into the 10gal?
Looking good! :sunglasses:

Yes and IDK. I rented a u-haul and two of us drug it out for giving the plant away, not harvested.
I had to relocate 2000miles, not the plant. It works, how well, IDK.

1 Like