New Grower - Temp Setup - Advice on What to do Post-Seedling

Have you been supplementing nutrients? She looks like a bit of a bloom based feed could be called for.

As stated leaves at the bottom tend to die off. I just pull them gently. If they pop off, it was of no use to the plant anyway. But the yellowing and slightly burnt look makes me thinks she maybe hungry for some PK

1 Like

When I thought it might be nutrient burn I laid off the nutrients for a bit. But once I was told she’s looking good (thank you to everybody in this thread), I put her back on her feeding schedule! I defoliated a bit and got rid of the yellowing leaves since I was informed that they don’t serve any purpose and it’s natural. Since, they’ve been blooming well (I think) and I’m crossing my fingers for harvest in two weeks.

4 Likes

Looking very good!
I don’t see any signs of nutrient burn, I do see some signs of light stress on the tallest buds while the lower canopy could use more, but not much you can do about that and sometimes that’s just the way it happens!
Beautiful plants man! Keep them fed up! Right now is the most important time for development and bulking.

2 Likes

Looking so good! Can you include a close up of the buds? These plants are good candidates to harvest in stages-- taking the top buds first and then circling back for the bottom buds in a few days. Sometimes, the top-most buds are ready before the bottom buds. This occurs because of the relative light exposure between the top and bottom of the plant.

1 Like

Yes of course! I do think some of the top buds are maturing a little faster on one plant over the other. I flushed them both today, it looks like I’m hitting the final stages so I think this was a good time if I’m hoping to flush in another week or so.

If I were to harvest in stages, how would I do so without effecting the other buds? Or are they at a stage where it doesn’t matter?

Thank you all for helping me with this, I’m so excited to see how my first grow will turn out.

5 Likes

Hi everyone!

I think one of my girls are ready for harvest. I’m about to go search on YouTube when to harvest but I also wanted to drop some pictures in this thread to see if anybody had any input.

I appreciate any and all advice, thank you!

5 Likes

I personally think you still have a lot of white hairs showing, they will brown up and recede back. Hopefully others will jump on board remember if you want to tag someone put the @ symbol first it will tag directly.

5 Likes

I agree with bunger, she’s still fattening up for you!

4 Likes

These are clones are getting close but not for a couple of weeks maybe 1 more.

6 Likes

@Bunger64 @Autos-only Thank you both! I have to go out of town for a week and I have a friend checking on them. Do you guys think she’ll be okay? I don’t want my friend to have to harvest so that’s why I was trying to figure out if she was ready or if I had some time. My Jeweler’s loupe should be here today so that I can look at the trichomes. I’ve learned so much in my first grow and with me so close now I don’t want to make the the wrong move.

3 Likes

I feel your going to be ok she’ll just ripen more. I found the jewelers loop isn’t good enough this is what I use but after awhile you get to know what to what for.Digital Microscope Wireless Pocket Handheld USB Microscopes, 50x-1000x Zoom Fixed Focus HD Magnifier with LEDs, Inspection Camera Compatible with iPhone, Android Phone, MacBook, Windows PC (Black) https://a.co/d/ggY5gBq

4 Likes

In my experience if you need someone to watch your plants it’s best with a water only practice, I would not suggest having someone mix nutrient solution for you.
Distilled or RO water would be best.

4 Likes

Exactly what @Autos-only added

4 Likes

@PurpNGold74 @Autos-only @Bunger64 Hi guys! I’m back. One of my girls definitely needs more time but the other one I was worried about has some dying fan leaves. I’m not completely losing it, thanks to you guys, I understand that dying fan leaves is apart of the ready to harvest cycle.

My jeweler’s loop came in before my trip but I had no idea how to use it. I tried taking a picture earlier but I wasn’t able to really focus it and with me being fresh off a trip I think I’m just tired. I attached the only picture I was able to get. I’m wondering if she’s ready for harvest and if so, should I do the leave her in the dark for 24hr method then cut down? Any guidance is greatly appreciated. I’m going to take a nap and I’ll be back to check the forum in a few hours. Anyone that I didn’t @ please feel free to chime in! I can use all the advice.

Thank you everyone!!

4 Likes

Hard to say with one picture, but relax it will be ok,

2 Likes

I have leaves falling off everyday even help some that need a push, I understand the plant needing them but it also deprives the upper plant from needed things, glad your back and your worries are over also

3 Likes

Exactly. At this point in the grow, who cares about a few fan leaves. Now if sugar leaves or buds start to look effected, you gotta problem

4 Likes

Thank you both so much! This has been such an amazing journey, I just don’t want to make it to the end and mess up. I think I will chop the tallest branches and let the rest continue to grow. They seem the most mature but some other parts seem like they need some more time so I don’t want to chop the whole plant yet.

My other plant is starting to lean over from the weight of the colas. I’m thinking about using the net to help hold her up because she’s not ready for harvest but she is heavy. Does it matter?

Also, do you guys have any tips on drying without a grow room? I don’t have space so I’ve been looking into alternative methods. I was hoping they’d be ready at the same time so that I could just use the grow tent for harvesting but it doesn’t look like that’s the case. I saw that I could “dry” in the oven if I do it carefully. I’m thinking about doing that, then letting what I harvest sit in a paper bag for a few days before moving into mason jars. If anyone has any additional advice please feel free to add. I will update when I chop off some pieces.

Thanks again!

3 Likes

I meant to add some pictures. Take a look at the girls! It’s only 2 but I was trying to get different angles.

3 Likes

On my harvest after my wash i let them drip dry over a fan and then 3-4 days later I put the big lowes lawn waste bags over, in my closet just a closet it seems to control the over drying to fast. I have this pictures on my solocup farm ill tag you and you can see what adventures I have had this past year and all the great Growmies that assist

3 Likes