New England weather ... help

So I’ve had the ladies outside yesterday was the beginning of week 7 flowering… going from frost … to 90 percent humidity … s Gould I just bring them inside ???any help is appreciated my first grow … Uploading: 8A37DA31-600B-47E0-9C62-8B6837443819.jpeg…

@Willd, you’re in that region; any advice?

If they are in pots and your getting freezing temperatures at night. It cant hurt to do it anyways regardless. Is there a major hurdle to them being inside like are they in 25 gal. pots ?

No There not too big … I’m thinking the pots they are in are too small… but it’s a little late now… just more of a issue with privacy … I can move them but it’s kind of noticeable walking across the yard :joy:… and thanks for the kelp I appreciate it very much …

1 Like

Also a privacy thing I don’t have a good spot in the house… they stink … any suggestions on a exhaust fan and filter to reduce the smell for harvest?

1 Like

Dont buy cheap fans or filters. If they work at all they’re noisy and short lived. Ac infinity cloudline is a good bet among others.

Thanks dawg was looking at that one

1 Like

1.) The frost isn’t as huge an issue when they’re not in pots. But you can still drape any lightweight breathable fabric (like a flat bedsheet) over cannabis to protect them when temps are expected to dip below freezing for more than a couple of hours overnight.

2.) Looks like powdery mildew is starting to take hold. Treat that with a 1:5 solution of hydrogen peroxide:distilled water in a spray bottle or sprayer.

It’s been dry most of the season here, so both disease & insects have hardly impacted this grow. Fog clears about mid day then returns overnight.
Trichome production increases as the night time temps start their drop into fall temps.
A friend in Lewiston reported 27° a few days ago inland when it only got down to 39° where I am on the coast much further north & east.

2 Likes

Thanks wild appreciate the help, I’m worried about but rot in the humidity lately any thoughts? Also the ratio for the spray… 1part water to 5 parts peroxide? Thanks to everyone here

1 Like

I think its 1 part peroxide. Anyone?

Thanks for the input , much appreciated kdawg. And to everyone else also … I’m near the end I think … gotta check the ladies this am after walking these things

2 Likes

Sorry I didn’t see this sooner. Peroxide has been ineffective on bud rot for me. Great on powdery mildew though. I use something called ZeroTol HC for bud rot. I’ve had minimal issues here but spotted it early and kept up on pest control since spiders can carry the spores from an infected area into healthy areas.

It’s 90° with 100% humidity and pouring last 3 days … man I could use some new england fall weather. Not to mention a colored leaf or 2 would be nice, all I get is brown palm fronds down here… lol

2 Likes

Yeah it is beautiful here … from my yard

3 Likes

Gorgeous… MAn I miss it! Not the snow though, u can keep that…

5 Likes

Thanks man appreciate it

1 Like

:snowman_with_snow: Ha! Had to move the girls inside … humidifier and fans ,?they are much happier now

2 Likes

Nice to see other New England growers on the forum! I just harvested one of my plants last weekend due to the weather fluctuations plus it was time anyways. Bud looks good!

5 Likes

Congrats on the harvest … yeah the weather is rediculous this year, your bud looks awesome !

1 Like

Probably too late but 5 water:1 peroxide is about the ratio for the mildew spray or rinse. I put 2 gallons of water & a half gallon of peroxide in a shallow 10 gallon under bed storage bin. I put 5-6 gallons of just water in another.
Put a few branches/stems at a time into the peroxide, swish it around a little for 15-30 seconds & let them sit for another minute or so .Then lift them out and let them drain for a few seconds before putting in the clean water. Swish it around for a few seconds to rinse any peroxide solution off. Hold a branch/stem in each hand overhead & whip them quickly toward the ground a few times to help shed any excess water before hanging in a dark well ventilated area to dry before curing.

1 Like