Need Payment Help!

My order is stuck. I paid using instructions and got an error page. Money was taken from my bank and received by ilgm. I’m told to pay again but payment page is an error. I’ve reported this to support with no response in four days. I need to cancel get a refund and reorder. @ILGM.Stacy

I replied to this on the other page you posted this on.
I assure you they will respond to you but you have to be patient.
Could be they are looking into it and want to get to the bottom of it before they reach out with an answer. They are extremely busy after a weekend as they don’t work Saturday or Sunday.

3 Likes

Thanks. I do trust them. And it’s a little uncomfy to be out over $200 with no response, and no way to cancel and pay again.

2 Likes

The wait is sometimes due to electronic payment delays on an international level. Payments are taken out of the country where the main business is located, but fulfillment is done from within the USA. So kind of backwards from what we expect when places like Amazon will ship it the same day we place the order. Keep us posted. I am confident it will be sorted.

4 Likes

They didn’t get their reputation by scamming!

4 Likes

There are 2 possibilities. Either the charge has completed or its an authorisation. You should be able to find this out from your card issuer. If its just an authorisation it will fall off within a few days if the transaction is not completed as a sale.

1 Like

As I said above, I do trust them. And it’s a little uncomfy to be out over $200 with no response, and no way to cancel and pay again.

All turned out fine. Communication was slow and not altogether satisfactory, but at least I know my funds were received.

1 Like

As I said, I have never seen anyone who was not taken care of.
When a company gets thousands of emails a day you cannot imagine the chaos that must be dealt with on an every day basis. To actually answer all those emails before you even look into the issue would slow everything down to a standstill, so they take notes and get the answer before replying. It might take a day or more before one hears back. I worked in a business that was very busy during certain parts of the year and we un plugged the phone because we could not deal with the customers in house and answer the phone too. People would say “Just hire more people” but new hires don’t know the business and don’t have the knowledge to answer phone questions so it was worse than just ignoring the phone. Yes, people would come in and complain but its what we had to do. Imagine taking a call, hanging up and even before you let go of the handset its ringing again. And that was all day long.
I estimated ILGM sells about 1000 orders a day based on my order numbers and the dates between orders. Imagine how many people email asking about the orders each day.

2 Likes

Glad everything went well. On a side note the funniest is you can stick money in an envelope and give it to a very honorable place for orders like 1955, so says reviews.
I had something like this happen to me paying a phone bill 10 years ago God bless for receipts. I call it a glitch in the system, a anomaly, a flicker in the lights, a hiccup Etc…

1 Like