Need Help! I'm new

Im growing Strawberry Kush, Started 3/27. Using Perry Morse organic Starter soil.I think they look okay but the stem seems kinda spindly/skinny. what do I do? We are indoor, using a grow light, fan intermittently, heat lamp as needed to keep temp above 70

1 Like

Its stretching for light and you just don’t look like there is enough. You can lower the light down and I use the hand above the plant method. To hot for the hand, raise till its comfortable and vice versa. :+1:

Support ticket…

Welcome to the community.

3 Likes

I dont feel any heat from the grow lights, the heat lamp is 12+ inches away.
Thanks! I will try lowering the grow lights

1 Like

a small oscillating fan may help strengthen the stalk, after the lighting is increased. Together, the light can be closer, if the fan keeps plants cool.

1 Like

Can you take a pic of light. Your girls aretrying to find light

1 Like

welcome to the community, like posted above, pic or name of the light source

1 Like

So, heres an overview pic. I ended up transplanting them out of those “cardboard” containers after posting, as they were getting mold on the outside. the root system is skinny but longer than I expected. Glad I did as the soil at the bottom was moist, roots were white. When I did that, I added the second light, and have it jerryrigged --have to hit up the hardware store today. Ive had a fan on but now with the two rows of light will need to reposition it. Lights are standard grow lights and the heat lamp is a 125watt bulb you can see over on the right. The lights now are about 3 inches above the tallest

THANK YOU ALL! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

1 Like