My first hydro grow - Critical Orange Punch autoflower

Happy Monday ILGM fam - I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Here in northern VT we had some beautiful weather, sunny and mid 60’s, so my wife and I spent the weekend choring outdoors. Lots of mowing, string trimming and some chainsawing, fun :slight_smile: I’ve been hanging OSB in our detached garage and hung the last piece on Saturday morning and cleaned up all the sawdust and leftover cuts from the 38 sheets I went through!! Feels good to have reached a milestone on that project. Next up is painting :face_exhaling:

Nothing too exciting happening with my grow. I’ve been carefully monitoring the health of some leaves that started showing some negative symptoms, especially this one:

I created a thread asking for input on this, and to no surprise received some much appreciated input from the community (shoutout to @MidwestGuy and @Growmoredank!). Before taking any action however, I decided to reach out to AN support as I’ve read many good things about that aspect of the company and figured I’d give it a shot. Fortunately the symptoms have not escalated very much, with only one other leaf I’ve found starting to show some orange dots, but not nearly to the extent of the leaf in the photo. That one has worsened, but I’m optimistic about the situation overall due to the fact that the vast majority of the leaves are not presenting these symptoms. I certainly do not want to make any major adjustments without fully understanding the cause, and being certain as possible that its not just a consequence triggered by my very high PPMs a couple weeks ago.

AN responded very quickly Friday afternoon following my initial email with a set of questions. I just got back to them this morning with answers, and I’ll keep this thread updated with any conclusions from that conversation / actions I take with my plant.

Otherwise, I’ve been daydreaming here and there about my next run, as I’ve mentioned a few times by now. I just stumbled across a post which gave me a lot of inspiration and ideas for a 2x4 RDWC grow. It has me thinking about using similar bucket sizes instead of the (2) 17gallon totes I’ve been leaning towards. Here is a link to that awesome post for any future 2x4 RDWC setups looking for inspiration: Rdwc hydroponic setup with water chiller - #15 by Ak723

I’ll upload some new pics later this week. Tuesday marks the start of Week 7 of flower, exciting! I ordered a USB Microscope in hopes of getting some nice bud shots, and hopefully it can see trichromes well enough to better determine a harvest date. Otherwise, I’ll fall back on my handheld microscope I’ve used before.

2 Likes