Merlin's Grow Log

Happy Thanksgiving to you too brother, I’ll be following along.

7 Likes

Computer science engineer here. Close enough. Nerds rule ! Haha

See how much joy you bring Merlin! Said it once and I’ll say it again. Damn good to have ya back !

You enjoying that new ride ??

10 Likes

Oh yeah, really like the new truck. We have been driving it for 3 months now and if we had to do it all over again, we would order the exact same truck.

10 Likes

15 Likes

I will absolutely be following along. Welcome back to the game!

14 Likes

Good to see you back Mr Merlin, hope you and the wife had a great thanksgiving!

13 Likes

Thank you @dbrn32 we did have a very nice day spent with my brother, his wife and our Mom.
Mrs. Merlin and I hope that you and your family had a wonderful day as well.

14 Likes

Awesome news, we had a pretty good day too.

11 Likes

Hey Merlin! Will be following.

8 Likes

I never left haha.

10 Likes

10 Likes

Thanks for the tag, Merlin! I’ve been away from the farm for almost a year too. And I just dropped two seeds this morning as well. (We seem to be on the same calendar!) I dropped a couple of seeds that @PurpNGold74 sent me a long while back; one Super Lemon Haze and one Gold Leaf. (One sativa dominant hybrid and one indica dominant.) We’ll see how they’ve held up in the fridge. I don’t cruise through my product some do, so took a break for the same reason as you, but do enjoy the process of growing, even if I’m not quite as meticulous in my grow. I look forward to the enjoying the journey with you you and all the other fine folks here on the ILGM forums.

14 Likes

I just checked my seeds and both cracked so I will be transferring them to Solo cups in a little while.
The first step has been successfully completed. WooHoo!

Yours will be cracking in couple of days. Yipee!

16 Likes

I just checked my supplies and it turns out that I have enough soil and nutrients for this two plant grow. I have two bags of FFOF, 1/2 bag of both perlite and worm castings, plus all of the misc. supplies that I will need.

If I were doing another six plant grow I would need to purchase more of almost everything.
I also fired up the starting/veg tent for the first time in over a year and everything works great.

This will be the smallest grow (# of plants) that I have ever done. I think it will be very low key and relaxing to tend two plants.

15 Likes

Two plants is perfect for me and it makes plenty of stock.

4 Likes

That is exactly what I am thinking…just enough to supply me plus a few zips to give away.

12 Likes

Personally, I find that a couple of plants yields more than enough for our household… until the next growing cycle. Granted, I did start up a couple of round of clones a couple of times, but I’m still working off the MW clones I grew in 2019 as well as the more recent Bubble Gum and Jack Herer. This time I plan to stick with just two plants too, and am looking forward to it. Unlike you, though. I’ll need to pick up some FFOF and starter soil tomorrow. Can’t wait to watch your wizarding skills at work!

6 Likes

This about my tenth grow or so, and I have grown a few clones here and there.
I really prefer growing from seeds for some reason but I am always so amazed that these little seeds ultimately produce a bunch of large, dense buds. I guess it is like the proverbial acorn that grows to a giant oak tree.

The first two weeks seem to require the most patience, then they just take off and the ride begins.

By the way, I did get my two seeds into soil today and verified all of the settings for my starter/veg tent.

13 Likes

I totally agree about the first two weeks! The last two sometimes stretch as well, though they’re not filled with quite as much anxiety, just anticipation.

5 Likes

Haha good to see you back, good luck and I’m set to watching. I been in and out myself but gonna get it going here soon… been dropping like here and there, I picked up some of those branch bendersfrom Amazon and on seeing them in use here, should be fun to try them i hope when LSTing. I’ll tag you when I get one started

5 Likes