Long time smoker... first time grower

Here are updated pics. One with the weird split that occurred did not make it unfortunately. But I dropped a 6 day younger SD and it’s looking good. Not the best pic I had to kinda hold the camera over it to block the light.

I’m a little nervous about the SD it looks so different than the GL. Probably overreacting.

1 Like

2 days after repot to their permanent home. Looks like they are much happier

The GL decided it wanted to try and take a run at the lights pretty much right away so put on some LST.

I decided to move over the little baby SD today too and it already had roots to the bottom of the cup. Hoping to see she likes it as much as her big sisters.

2 Likes

SD is fun to grow. Mine, loved LST topping and being pruned. Stick real bad/good in veg, just like fuel. Good luck to you I’ll be watching

This is my first grow and they’re autos, so this one I won’t do any topping (wifey is kinda nervous I’ll hurt the yield) and will only be doing mild pruning and LST. Next grow, which I will be starting in about 5 weeks and keeping in a micro tent till ready to switch, I have the ok to “experiment” so to speak. MO HA HA HA HA HA… I have ScrOG netting, I have an idea for my drip feeders, going to be looking into better seedling soil, going to avoid transplanting, different pots, a couple additional lights for the main tent… my mind is swimming with the possibilities she hath unleashed by giving me full reign.

Decided to use a reference to see growth for tip to tip.

Except for the little sister who is too short to want to try and slide that under.

Then… in pops the 2 mystery photo seeds that are germinating. No big hopes for them until I see what their sex is, should they make it to that point. Came from seeds my father-in-law had off his crops over the past few (3-5) years stored in cool dry place the entire time and there are 75+ seeds so sorta crossing my fingers. It could be either Bio Diesel, Sour Diesel, BlueBerry Kush, or 3 other strains he can’t remember. All big easy to grow plants(per him and his grows) though with great taste and high. Hoping that I will be able to harvest the 4 autos and these won’t be too far behind for needing the sexing. Crossing fingers but I think they will make for decent experiment plants if nothing else.

@registereduser here is, I guess, my grow journal until I figure out how to move it to the right place… It just started as a “Great job ILGM”

1 Like

Thanks for invite! Looking good. I piggy backed onto @OldTimeRockAndGrow Journel because he was doing the same type of grow as me. Probably should have started my own journal but whatever. Here’s the link.

1 Like

Hmmmm… not even all the way through and seeing where at the beginning you guys talk about water straight through… can’t wait to get to the end… maybe I’ll stay away and save the nutes for the photos.

Day 17 since popping out of the soil

Day 11

1 Like

Welcome to the forum you’ll really enjoy all the knowledgeable growers they have helped me with what I thought were alot of emergencies. I’ve only grown for about a year in Happy Frog soil with fox farm nutes so I’ll try to answer any questions if I don’t know we’ll tag another grower that will. If you want to get someone’s attention put @Amazon66 that would get me or @ who ever you want to talk to. Have fun and good luck

1 Like

They’re nice and green and look great

1 Like

Thank you for the offer! I appreciate the help… I have been reading furiously through the forum and following as many issues/successes as possible to try to replicate the good and avoid the bad. I’m lucky because I work from home and the grow room is in my office with me so I can check in, or monitor, the girls pretty regularly. My father in law lives in CO me in IL so I am able to skype with him almost every morning and show him the girls. He isn’t as much help with the care of autos like I hoped, he personally likes to control the plant more, so I will likely be hitting people up here in the coming weeks needing some assistance.

1 Like

Anyone ever use these or the 300w? https://www.amazon.com/Bermunavy-Spectrum-Technology-Starting-Greenhouse/dp/B07ZVNML7V/ref=sr_1_21?dchild=1&keywords=cob+lights&qid=1589304263&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-21
I’m thinking about getting two now to add in with the light I currently have.
https://www.amazon.com/PARFACTWORKS-Spectrum-Lighting-Hydroponic-Greenhouse/dp/B07VBJVSM5/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=3OMC5JRGES3Z8&dchild=1&keywords=parfactworks+2000w&qid=1589304754&s=lawn-garden&sprefix=parfact%2Clawngarden%2C196&sr=1-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExUE9XUlU0M0MwWlhDJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDc3OTUwMjNCMVdTTEhENFY2WiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjU1NzQyM1JYUENHR0pKTklQRCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Day 19 - foliage spray and watering overlapped today. Decided to go light on the watering and see how they respond. Spray and water were also Cal-mag’ed. Getting a lot of undergrowth on the freak GL and she is loving being yanked around the pot. Starting to see some in the smaller GL and as you can tell I’ve been applying the same “leaf lifting” LST to open it up to the light and the undergrowth is taking to it. The SD is just not big/thick enough that it is covering the undergrowth. For baby sister SD I have fashioned an easy to remove wire ring to keep the leaves lifted once they get past that point, somewhat of an experiment and not necessary I am sure, but, I don’t wanna have some soil dragged tip burn that freaks out my self or the old lady lol.

1 Like

Moved to:

1 Like

@jc1979 was reading your post. I was concerned when I started growing my Amnesia Haze auto about being careful they’re delicate. I lst, pruned many times she’s one tough mother. I also live in Il unfortunately.

Do you use all 3 of liquid trio or just that? I love trio and boomerang and the sledgehammer flush. I recently added powdered trio, beastie bloom, open sesemie and chaching

All 3 but because I use the Fox Farm soils Happy Frog and Ocean Forest I don’t really need to use the Grow big because the soil has nutes in it that will last through veg. I just learned this through a senior member on here.

Yes I grow in Happy Frog also and don’t need nutes till transition but then they need all 3 and boomerang helps bring them around if they’re having trouble and you’ll need to use sledgehammer flush every time it says to flush during flower. I follow ffarm feeding schedule with both trios to bulk up the buds. Some of the experienced growers are also starting to use Recharge once a week and it’s a professional strength microbial super pack. I got 5 small trial size shipped for $10 only takes half teaspoon per gallon water

check out at www.realgrowers.com

I use Florakleen when I flush and my current grow I used all 3 of the trio and had no issues with nute burn. I wanted to see how how far I could push the nutes and never burned them.