Let's play a guessing game

Excited noobie here. My first grow just entered final week of “the stretch.” Assuming I don’t screw anything up what do you think my final dry weight might be on these girls? Have been feeding dyna grow foliage pro. Next feeding I’m going to switch to dyna grow bloom. Will also be adding the dyna grow mag pro into the mix once I read up on proper application. Light is 500 watt QB with 301bs and epistar reds. Space is 4x4. That tall plant in the back left is 28" tall. Vegged for less than three weeks so yield obviously wasn’t the goal here, but it’s starting to look like I could pull a decent number so now I’m getting super curious.

I know this is probably an exercise in futility…humor me anyway? Winner gets…bragging rights! I’m too scared to venture a guess because I don’t want to set some unrealistic expectation. What you guys think?

1 Like

Should pull out a lb for sure

1 Like

Don’t tease me like that :yum:. Im thinking 14 zips right now. But I like where your head’s at!

@imSICKkid is running a thread to get a lb out of a 3x3 so I dont see why you wouldn’t be able to in a 4x4. Your Chinese light seems sufficient so long as you keep environmental conditions dialed in I think you can pull one

2 Likes

Right on, it’s hard to imagine right now. Like these things are gonna become big fat colas, mind boggling. And they were like 4 inches tall a month ago. These plants really are amazing

2 Likes

looks good ,how many plants do you have in there. And why are the heights staggered so. I have a runt in my grow .Next time I’m going to drop extra seeds and cull the runts

1 Like

7 plants. They were all trained to the same height when I flipped. I had them all set up how I wanted with lots of even tops so I just figured I’d let it ride into flower…I really have no idea what I’m doing. Have read a lot. But I’m winging it mostly.

1 Like

A lot of environmental, lighting, nutrient, and strain variables at play there. Should be able to pull a pound WET minimum, if everything goes well. You can figure whatever you’re wet weight is, your final weight will be approximately 20% of that. I would recommend removing 1/3 of the undergrowth to reduce larf, and wasted energy below the canopy. I like to pack them in personally, and I have a full 4x4 tent as well. Happy growing!

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words and tip!

7 in a 4x4 WTF holy cow. set to watch this one .What do you have 5gal pots

1 Like

Yeahhh I didn’t realize how big these things were gonna get, lol. 7 diff strains too, sativa, hybrid, and indica…lol

lol, @KoolHandLuke I have a few more than 7, try 40. Thats what I have going currently.

4 Likes

Yes five gallon pots.

@Eagles009 I’ll tag you into my journal and you can see what’s happening, no need to photo bomb your thread. Same with @KoolHandLuke

1 Like

I wouldn’t have minded. But your way definitely easier

That explain the height diff. Easier to go one cultivar

1 Like

Definitely a lesson learned. I didn’t start reading until two weeks in when I saw way different growth then my first attempt last year. Under 40 watts of blurple with no light schedule to speak of just random off and on whenever I felt like it. When I saw what these new ones looked like at two weeks I got my shit together and started to do this right. New lights, tent, etc.

1 Like

I prefer variety, I would die a little inside if I grew all one strain.

2 Likes

Lol, I can feel that. That’s how I ended up where I’m at, the spice of life.

2nd week since light schedule change. Packed in there, and at a little over 200W I’ll turn the wattage up a bit again today. I’ll plug in my meter and see where I’m at too. Picture was taken last night.

3 Likes