LED temperature is actually 10 degrees cooler?

I’ve been reading recently that LED temperatures are actually lower than what’s presented through the ambient air temperature due to the way LED’s deliver IR to the plant. Does anyone have any clarity on this because would help with the temperatures above 80 in my tent.

3 Likes
1 Like

Yeah man withoit the radiation HID bulbs or the sun makes. LED makes it safe to grow in the high 80s I dunno what the upper limit is but its higher than the good ile days. Leaf surface temp lower, keeps good transpiration, allows more light n heat

1 Like

I’ve moved the LED power Drivers outside my tent using DC extension cable from my light manufacturer.
Now that will lower your temps even more. The Driver converts the AC to DC to power the LEDs. Some commercial light fixtures have this add on.

Also pull cool air from the bottom of your tent and hot air out the top. Position circulation fans under the canopy. Leaving the hot air above to rise and exit. No reason to stir that around.

1 Like

Is this capable of using that? I really like that idea

I’m using HYPHOTONFLUX lighting that has those compatible connectors. I’m not sure about the Spiderfarmer models. I check the ones I have and they would need some modifications to make it work. My lights are 480w 120v so it should be fine if the connectors fit properly.

Check the connectors on your lights and see if they have this connector.

I’ve got a couple of old Spiderfarmer SF1000’s in my 4x4 (coupled with 2 Vivosun VS1000’s) that I use for vegging clones. Running the lights at about 80% and haven’t had any heat issues.
I am growing from fall to spring and running lights at night. Using outside air to cool the Lung Room and expelling hot to the downstairs via ductwork. Scrubbing my 4x8 flowering tent with a six inch carbon filter.

1 Like

can you remove the ballast of the sf1000 to keep the heat outside of the tent?

Yes, you can remove the driver of the Spider Farmer SF1000 to keep the heat outside of the tent. Here are the steps to do it safely:

1. Disconnect the Power: Ensure the light is unplugged from the power source.
  2. Remove the Driver: Unscrew the driver from the aluminum backing of the light. [This usually involves removing four screws]
  3. Extend the Wires: Use appropriate IP68 connectors and the same gauge wire to extend the cables from the driver to the light. [Make sure to follow the color coding of the wires (black to black, etc.)]
  4. Reposition the Driver: Place the driver outside the tent and reconnect the extended wires securely.

[Keep in mind that modifying the light in this way might void the warranty]
If you’re unsure, consulting an electrician or the manufacturer for guidance is a good idea.

1 Like