Kwitmeow trying out Gorilla Glue Photos and Autos!

@Ynotfish thanks for the advice! I’m in the process of Flushing them now. How long do I let them drain before putting them back into the tent?

Here’s some pics. One looks like it’s got excess nitrogen, but the other 2 are lightening like they’re deficient in nitrogen. Any ideas?



Ok. Now I have not used the same nutrient line as you. To me, let them dry out. Put them back in the tent. Wait until soil is dry before you water. Someone else may see better then me. I think this plant has a Phosphorus issue? Are all pests under control?
Will post a photo off one of my plants that I think is a phosphorus issue.

1 Like

@Ynotfish No pest issues, there were some a few weeks back, but I’ve gotten rid of them. @Hellraiser was using this nutrient line, I’m not sure if he still is, but I’ve been following his gorilla glue journal as closely as possible; same media, same seeds, same nutrients, and same pot sizes. The only thing I couldn’t get the same as him is the water; I don’t have an RO system, but I’ve been buying distilled water and ph’ing it to 6.5 for regular waterings, and adding nutes and ph’ing to 6.5 for feedings.

2 Likes

@Ynotfish that’s phosphorus deficiency? Also, how do you fix a phosphorus issue?

I bought some at the hydro store. Give them a day and see if they bounce back.

@Ynotfish I checked on them this morning, and to me, they’re looking better. No new spotting, twisting, curling, or shriveling of any leaves. I trimmed off most of the damaged leaves while Flushing. I’ll take pics when I get back home in a couple hours. I’m still concerned that 2 of them are really deficient in nutrients, because the ppm on the runoff was below 200 and they’re very very light in color today.

1 Like

I’ve mostly moved on to Jacks 321.

Doing a Jacks vs AN grow-off here, may be the last time I use AN (unless it blows Jacks away, which is not what it’s looking like).

5 Likes

@Covertgrower @Hellraiser @Ynotfish hi yall. I just have a quick question. On my 2 autos I have found some male parts, which I picked off as carefully as possible. My question is, can the 2 hermies that are in flower pollinate my 3 female plants that are currently in the veg state right now? Or does it only matter if they’re all in flower? There were several sacks and a few nanners on each hermied plant, and one sack may have already opened before I was able to pluck it. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

It’s my understanding that pollen remains usable for two weeks or a month unless refrigerated or frozen. In veg your ok, won’t pollinate. I would wait a month to flip and sterile the tent before the others went in.

3 Likes

@Ynotfish I have them all in the same tent right, since I only have 1 tent, does that matter? So, as long as I sterilize the tent before switching the others to flower, it’ll be fine?

2 Likes

@Ynotfish I’m just trying to make sure the photos I have in veg still are not going to end up being males due to being pollinated by the hermies that are in flower, since they’re in the same tent. I’m worried that they’ve been pollinated by the ones in flower already, but I wasn’t sure if that’s how it works or not. I tried searching for an answer on here, but didn’t have any luck.

2 Likes

Females can only be pollinated when there are pistils showing (the white hairs) so not a problem while the females are in veg, though if the females are showing pre-flowers in veg, then those can get pollinated, but no biggie.

Water neutralizes pollen on contact, just spray and wipe your tent walls, wipe down fan blades before flipping the photos to flowering and won’t be a problem.

Doesn’t work like that, the plants are the sex they are, getting pollinated will not change females to males, it would make females grow seeds.

4 Likes

Let’s see some pictures of them. Depending on how far they are I might let them finish. Some seeds ok I’d suck it up. But if they were not close, then stressed due to mites, etc I would be inclined to pull them and maximize your photos. Those you control when to flip. I don’t have anything against autos, I just use them almost every grow as a filler if needed and usually they do well or not so great. Peace.

2 Likes

I agree with pics…
Some people mistake swollen calaxes with a hermi…
Could be all female…
:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Ynotfish @peachfuzz I wasn’t able to get any pics of them since I had already disposed of them before yall asked for the pics. But I’m 100% sure they were balls and not calaxes, because I had then on a plant in my last grow and @Covertgrower confirmed they were male parts and not lady parts, they were exactly the same as the ones I found on that plant. I will for sure take pics if I find anymore though.

2 Likes

Small Update: I found thrips on my plants about a week ago. I sprayed them down with peroxide thus past Monday, and yesterday I sprayed them down with captain Jack’s. I plan to repeat the process in 4 days from today to try to get rid of these critters. They’re getting bigger, but one isn’t growing nearly as fast as the others. I’m guessing the slow growing one has the worst infestation, mostly because that’s the one I found them on and didn’t actually find any on the others. They’re all getting treated regardless. Here’s some pics.



3 Likes

The one thing I am not seeing is sticky traps. Mainly blue ones. Those thirps like that color. In my tent this is how I have them set up. Also have the yellow ones hanging from up top. Used them for the last 8 months minus the yellow ones on top of the cloner and by the solo cups. They are still sticky so I didn’t replace them yet.


Uploading: DD6E2E98-603F-4D61-9896-BA4E199C4386.jpeg…
Processing: 16BA9C90-08B3-426A-B71E-E5DE31E0167F.jpeg…

1 Like

@Ynotfish I have 1 small yellow sticky trap in each pot, but I do need to get more. I just haven’t had the chance yet, but I plan to order some today or tomorrow. Thanks for the advice!

1 Like