It's only a test

In the first pics, the seedling / starter cups. I built that too. Just stuff laying around. The SS tray the cups are in was a lid to a box at work. We had more lids than boxes so one came home with me. 25 years ago, just been lay’n in pile in the back of the property.

I even used the black plastic hole saw cut outs from the starter tray, to put under the feet of the gutter system, to protect the tent. (They have bolts in the bottom for adjustment.)

So yeah, I spent some money on tent, light and stuff, but I saved a shite ton by using stuff… laying around.

2 Likes

Well I’d almost think we all came from the same sorcery. Ingenuity at its best, always adjusting or moving or turning. Its our brains thinking outloud.

3 Likes

Dang, mixing nutrients isn’t nearly as fun without vape’n. Due to a shitty hall harvest, I’m dry. :grimacing: :weary: :tired_face: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

Oh well, coffee it is.

Tomorrow is 5 weeks, still working on automating, baby steps. Girls look decent to me, but I think it can be better. (bet no one here ever had that thought :rofl:)

Has anyone else ran into this, to get my EC under 2.2, I have to add almost 3 gallons of extra water. Following the recipe exact. I just read folks bumping up the recipe and has me scratch’n my head.

Buds forming, bumped the light up to 600ppfd, keeping an eye on the leaves, seems to be as much as they can take. Bit of big ole lower leaves gotta go today.

Love’n this 69pro! Keep’n me pretty stable around 78-82f and I dropped my humidity down to 52%, and she’s holding great. I’m mildly surprised with our night time temps around 55-60, I can run the little window AC all night on low and it stays around 75. It’s also really nice when I wake up during the night (do that to much) I glance at my phone to give me peace of mind, knowing all is well with the girls, back to sleep.

BTW, as I ramble on in this thread, if y’all see anything I may want to look into, please speak up, first indoor grow feels kinda like fly’n blind.

Just babble’n a bit while the pump mixes, when I get to the tent I’ll post some five week pics. the ole lady and I were look’n at last weeks pics… crazy, coco is da shite!

5 Likes

morning cntryby…nice grow you have going…

3 Likes

Thanks, all I can think of right now is… Come on July!!!

2 Likes

yea I saw you mentioned no more harvest left…wish you were closer so I could share with you… speaking of only a test I am experimenting on what will happen if I remove the large fans that come out in my seedling phase so see if it will force more branch growth…

and the non experiment tent

7 Likes

Interesting, I’ve always left them until the upper canopy started shading them pretty good. Like now, gotta get those gone.

I assume you’ll share the results. :smiley:

3 Likes

I did the same as you… but I got a wild hair yesterday when I was changing out the reservoirs and decided to see what happens…

5 Likes

@Retiredoldguy @Caligurl @Jaysittinback @Covertgrower @Autos-only @kaptain3d

I have 3 hours till lights out, is it to late to feed?

6 Likes

Not optimal, but it won’t kill them… I’ve done it a few times. :nerd_face:

Normally, you want to do it in their “mornings”, but if you didn’t have time and they’re thirsty, I’d say go for it!

Maybe @Low or @MadamCalamity might have a better answer :thinking:

5 Likes

I would just wait til the next lights on, since most consumption takes place during the “day time.” That said sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. 3 hours away is ok to do, but if they aren’t desperate just hold off.

5 Likes

I don’t see any harm in now or later so it’s up to you. Don’t over think it, they are durable. Sometimes the plants that we don’t baby come to be the best.

5 Likes

Thanks everybody, I had a couple which were pretty light, I made the executive decision not to risk the coco drying out completely. :blush: Had a moment of panic… :grin: :crazy_face:

Just got through pruning, my nerves were shot. :woozy_face:

My brother showed up and needed help with a project so my afternoon went to crap as far as my girls.

4 Likes

5 Weeks tomorrow.

11 Likes

That’s gonna be a tent full!! Good work!

4 Likes

Oh coco, the more the merrier in coco. I feed 5 times a day in coco by peak.

5 Likes

holy crap! 5x???

Shite, I ran the ro in a gallon container today and timed it. It’ll take everything my ro buddy can do ta feed 4 times a day. Realistically 3 will be a bitc&.

If the coco is dryng out that quick, I may have to get the booster pump, or a bigger buddy.

4 Likes

Get a cheap water res and a float for the RO buddy, let it run til it’s full. :call_me_hand:t3:

I don’t do my watering by hand, all timed. I use ro buddie 75 with the float for a water res, then transfers to another tank for feed.

These drums are usually food grade and go for cheap on marketplace.

Even if not doing auto feed it’s a great investment.

5 Likes

Yep, same, except I have the buddy 50. The time today calculated out to 48 gal in 24hrs. I expect that to decrease as the filter traps contaminates. Right now I’m at 3/4 gal to get my run off. So no prob. But thats gonna go up, how much I don’t know. And how much quicker I don’t know. So far, every two days, until today. Now it needs daily. Soon it will need more.

Does the 75 or 100 need more pressure? They have a pressure boost pump, for $130 or so, but a higher capacity buddy is cheaper.

Cheap reservoir lol. You haven’t seen my back yard. I probably have 20 or 30 blue 55gal drums. I may slap myself but I started with smaller drums. 25 & 20.

3 Likes

I don’t have a booster. Just hooked to the faucet. I transfer all the water out of water res into the nutrient res and mix there. then turn the ro on, and begin filling. So I always have access to feed and water. That way time isn’t ever a problem. It’s a good way to handle a lot of plants. Specially in coco.

Digging the set up, awesome work on the table!

2 Likes