Is my GSC Extreme Auto okay?

Hey everyone, I’m noticing my GSCE Auto plant isn’t growing much anymore. The leaves around the bud sites are looking rather thin as well. Same thing happened last time I tried to grow this strain but then it sprang up around the 60th day(this one ended up being unusable so trying to avoid this again lol). I feed every other day alternating between bottled water and a light feed of the stage 2 grow time fertilizer from ILGM. Any advice is appreciated.

-Age of plant - 37 days since sprouted
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF - Organic Soil(Fox Farm Happy Frog Organic Potting Soil)

-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc) - FABRIC 2-gallon(repotted with more soil)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) - PH of runoff was 6.8
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable -TDS was 456
-Method used to measure PH and TDS - PH TESTER / PPM tester
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space - INDOOR, 3X3 ABOUT 66IN HIGH
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum - TS1000
-Actual wattage draw of lights - NOT SURE
-Current Light Schedule - 18/6
-Temps; Day, Night - 78-80 Fahrenheit CONSTANT
-Humidity; Day, Night 45-50% CONSTANT
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size - YES, WITH FAN AND FILTER
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, - HUMIDIFIER ONLY
-Co2; Yes, No - NO / NA

1 Like

When cannabis gets to a certain point in flowering, the plant stops growth and instead focuses on bulking up and ripening flower.

2 Likes

Just FYI, the TS 1000 is a 150 w light. A bit small for a 3x3 but fine for one plant.

Be patient, my GSCE auto ran long, but she ended up yielding 5 oz of great smoke. Yours looks very healthy.

Good luck!

1 Like

@Cmgd stage 2 is the veg stage Growtime? Your plant is in flower, you should be on the yellow bag I think.

(I’m counting the Seedling bag as stage 1)

1 Like

Just my thoughts here,
It looks like the plant has had a good amount of defoliation. For an autoflower plant that is not always the best approach. Autos are on a time schedule wired into their DNA and every day needs to be as stress free as possible. Plant growth takes place when the fan leaves process the plant food in the soil into the nutrients the plant needs to grow. What we feed them is only the basic building blocks for the actual sugars the plant needs and those come from the fan leaves under the lights. (Photosynthesis) Personally on an autoflower its best to leave as many leaves as possible to give the plant the most amount of food to grow big. If the leaves are so crowded that it condenses water inside or if they contact the ground then yes they should be removed to improve the plants overall health. But taking too many will stunt the plant. Photo period plants can be given all the time they need to recover, but autos will flower on their time schedule and without enough fan leaves will only grow what they can with what they can produce. Next time try leaving more fan leaves. And yes, buds will develop even if light is blocked by a leaf. Buds do not have to be directly exposed to the light.

5 Likes

@Spiney_norman very well put, your 2 cents is more like a dollar! It’s why I tag you when I’m in need of brainiacs and don’t want to steer someone in a wrong direction lol!!

3 Likes

Typo, I’m on 3 but thanks for the callout!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!!! Part of me was worried about the buds being covered but didn’t know they could grow regardless. I’ll keep this in mind for the next trial.

These are some of the most wisest words I have read on the boards.

@Cmgd did you know that branches arent the only trainable part of a plant? If you move leaves into positions that dont have budsights under them enough times the leaves will stay there. You can even force leaves to spin all the way around and grow upside down if you want to.

Rule of thumb(s) NEVER remove more then 1/3 of the total foilage on your plant in one haircut.
Always wait 1 week between haircuts as a minimum (for autos) and always, always, always feed and haircut in the same day.

1 Like

My 2 GSC autos have done fine. Sorry you are having issues

3 Likes

Adding this to my grow notes, appreciate your feedback!!! I did feed the same day I trimmed so that’s good at least. I’m growing a photoperiod next to it and got a bit carried away when trimming :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Looking good!

I wanna do photos so bad, I live in a small apartment and my autos are almost to big to move around to the various places I have set up to do work in. Was g9nna buy a house before covid, thats where I planned to start my photo adventures…Effing COVID! Be another year at least now.

I even know what photo strain I plan on first. Called dirty little secret from Norstar genetics. Its a cross of dark desire and purple mayhem. So close, yet so far…

1 Like

I believe in this as well.

1 Like

It’s in flower stage, autos wont strech much after that.

This is why I believe photo plants are the best.

2 Likes