ILGM GDP Auto Grow attempt # 1

Update- Week 5 day 1
After careful consideration from moderators and regulars postings on the subject I have opted to only flush if readings of runoff get nuts or signs of stress appear. I opted to hybridize the process a lil. On water only days I will over water and allow a large amount of run off to occur. I have a 1 gallon fine mist pump sprayer I use to slowly hydrate the soil during this process. (The kind for spraying insecticide and lawn treatment). I feel it acts the same as a gentle spring rain and likely filters the soil in the pot better then if it were in the ground. (How many hours do you suppose it would have to rain in order to dump a gallon of water on any one plants area.) I could be wrong, only one way to find out. Did that yesterday, seemed to work fine and no plants seem to be suffering from the event. Except for Ivy. Ivy went droopy on the bottom half of her structure, I hoped she would pop back to attn but she didn’t really, her flowers are growing she just didn’t look happy. So my ol lady told me to repot her, either soil to compressed or feelings hurt by being potted in such a small pot. So I grabbed an airport and repotted her again. Her roots had begun to bound in the small pot, after just two weeks! Very well established. I use the existing pot like a mold for repots, fill around them and very gently tamp around, then remove to reveal nice empty void that is near perfect fit for rootball slip in like a glove.

I did moisture probe on pots this morning and everyone has already consumed at least 1/3 of the water from yesterday. None have shown any nute burns after being given full strength last feed so will continue with full strength throughout remainder of grow, unless they tell me otherwise.
Above is family photo after transfer. Front left plants top was farther away from other tops then I liked (didn’t take to being tied down very well) so I used an lst clip and folded it down, love those things. You can’t get the same kinda bend with plant ties, it also seems to have an effect on the branches also, where the bend is gets SUPER fat. As seen in the photo below.

Lastly, I’d like to ask everyone’s opinion- I do not believe Ivy to be the same strain as her sisters. They are GDP auto’s, clearly Indica’s bushy and wide leaves. Ivy however (only one in airpot) is tall, very few leaves which are all slender and Sativa like. What do you think, accidental seed mixup or simply from being in a small pot? Something else? As always lemme know what you guys think, please. And thank you all for the assists.

1 Like