I am new to growing and need help

Good morning people
I have just recently tried my hand at growing and have a couple of questions i need answers to by someone a whole lot smarter than myself. I am doing my best to grow a couple GG4 plants for the first time for medical reasons. I am using a 2x4 vivosun grow kit with the vs2000 light.
I water about every second or third day with water ph’ed to somewhere around 6.5 and occasionally throw in a TB of Unsulfered Blackstrap Molasses every 3rd watering. My one baby is almost 8 weeks old and even tho i have the light is raised as high as it will go i seem to have some leaf tip burn from something altho it seems to be covered with little nugs my other is almost 6 weeks old with no signs of burn. Could someone please help me??? Also im not positive how my plants should be looking at this point of the grow, if i need to be doing anything else, and when they are ready to be harvested any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @SCGrower
Do you have a picture you can post?
First time posting is limited for a day, so if you get a message that you reached your limit we can continue later. The limits go away fast.
Tell me is the plant autoflower or photo period?
What soil or media are you growing in?
Plants are generally ready for harvest after a full 9 to 10 weeks of flowering. Flowering can start on autos around 4th or 5th week, but sometimes earlier. Photo period plants will start when you reduce lighting hours to 12 on 12 off.

1 Like

Welcome to the community of awesome growers @Spiney_norman will get you well on your way to success. Can’t wait to see your pictures. Since you are new here when you load pictures wait until they are 100% download before hitting reply. Welcome to the addiction of growing.

1 Like

2 Likes

My babies are GG4 autos growing in Purple Cow for my first grow

1 Like

Hey Spiney
My babies are GG4 autoflowers, i decided to try Purple Cow organic living soil my first grow have also given them a couple Tbs of Unsulfured blackstrap molasses.

2 Likes

Was gone a while.
Which purple cow soil is it?
I see several variations.
Tap water? Distilled? Do you have a PPM meter? What does your water test at?
Have you fed anything?

Just fyi, there is no need to panic as this looks pretty good. Might not need more than a minor adjustment once we figure out what basic need is out of range.