Hypothetical grow light question

Could a person use say 3 or 4 different brands of lights in one tent? Thanks…

I’m no light master or anything but I don’t think I would see a problem with it just a broader spectrum in the tent ide imagine.

1 Like

The brand of light has no direct effect on your plants. Some spectra are better than others but that is not brand specific.

The light intensity is the most important component of light selection.

3 Likes

I have 2 Mars TS 1000 going right now in a 5x5 tent and was thinking about adding a Updayday 1800 light, but I’m already half way through my grow with the 2 Mars lights. Thanks.

That comes to about 530 watts in a 5X5 which is about half what I would suggest for flowering. Will be fine for veg.

the mars lights are about 150 watts each and the Updayday is 230 watts.

1 Like

Thanks… so it wouldn’t hurt the plants if I put the Updayday light in the tent? I read on Mars website and they suggest 4 TS 1000 for a 5x5 tent.

You certainly will not harm your plants with the extra light. I would be interested to see what the buds are like under 4 TS1000’s in a 5X5. Post your updates as your grow progresses.

Remember, more light generally means more heat so be sure to monitor the temperature in your tent and keep in between 77 F and 84 F to keep your plants from being stressed.

1 Like

Thanks… I appreciate the info.

1 Like

I’m using two 600 watt HPS and two QB260s and it’s all good in my 8x4 tent :sunglasses:

4 Likes

This is my first indoor grow and I’ve been confused the entire time. I’ve grown several outdoor grows, but I’m pretty much lost on the lighting.

`

1 Like

. 4 Zittlez autos from ILGM 32 days from breaking ground.

4 Likes

I’m no expert on lights but if your unsure @dbrn32 should be able to clear up any uncertainty you may have. I’ve tagged him so he will be along shortly for a chat

2 Likes

No issue specifically using different brands of lights. Sometimes power issues can occur with using multiple fixtures though.

2 Likes

Thanks…

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

right at 2 months old.

Your plants appear to have been heat stressed and/or need water.

What has the temperature been?

1 Like

65 to 75 degrees. I had just watered them and the lights had been off for around 3 hours. They look really good when the lights come back on. I’m running a 18/6 schedule.

Are they OK now?

I hope so.I will take another picture when the lights come back on.

1 Like