How to dry Kief rub your harvest

Every one who grows needs a trim bin!

4 Likes

Thank you for this post!
It looks like the easiest way to make kief & the most cost effective!
I just ordered a trim bin on Amazon, being delivered Monday.
Thanks again!

1 Like

@Smokey2. This was some of my jars of kief

I don’t have a trim bin, but I did stay at a Holiday inn Express one time. I went to the craft store and bought a screen for screen printing, on sale for about $12. I froze my trim and rubbed it across the screen with a credit card. Same results on the cheap.

7 Likes

I made kief for the first time with the trim bin.

Used some for vape juice and made a puck with the rest

9 Likes

Good job bro well done

2 Likes

Thanks Daz!

1 Like

Nice, looks tasty! :slight_smile: :+1:

3 Likes

What’s your recipe for vape juice?

Well, that’s a work in progress.
I have used Wax Liquidizer, and was able to make my first successful batch with this kief.
Also bought Farm to Vape, but haven’t tested that yet.
There’s more testing I need to do before advising anyone on a recipe.

6 Likes

Thank you for the info. I’m looking forward to to playing with all the ways to enjoy the benefits of keifer and extractions and all that hood stuff. I’m going to tag along if that’s cool with you!!

3 Likes

Well this may be an old post but, the traditional method of making keef in Mazar i Sharif, is to dry the the whole plant then whack it against a post or what have you. After whacking a few hunderd plants to death, a large pile of material lays on the floor. They have a hoop with screen cloth and a scoop. The screen the pile. I see this traditional method as pretty basic. Not a whole lot different that what you do. They makenthe best hash in the world with that keef.

6 Likes

Like this:

6 Likes

Reviving a very worthy topic: After my first harvest of a bag seed mystery all star, I followed the same steps from @highcountrygal ‘s tutorial and collected 1gm kief from what was gonna be compost. I tripped b*ll$ off it! Just a sprinkle of pixie dust and off to never never land.

The only thing I forgot was the parchment paper. I won’t make that same mistake.

6 Likes

Stuff we got in 70’s was beaten. I am going to try this. Dry ice makes good hash but a pain. I am curious as to how much more flavor comes through versus just oils. Ill post a picture of results. I typically condense my dry ice hash to rso. Or stick it in a levo to infuse.

3 Likes

I use a trim bin. It does an excellent job knocking off the triches that would have otherwise been in the trash

9 Likes

Santa said he is bringing me one this year if I stay outta trouble on the forums🤠

2 Likes

What the would parchment have done? Learning here

Makes it easier to collect the hash

4 Likes

Hmm, you still have to use a razor blade right?