Hershy’s Soil Scrogs

im also getting the 44"x44" ac bar light as well for the 4x4 tent. but thats not for a lil bit, its 800 bucks for that sucker

3 Likes

for as many plants and different strains i wanna do and always have going at once, i am seriously pushing my space limits lmao

2 Likes

Be careful pushing electrical lol

2 Likes

That’s always a concern! I’ve tracked down all of our wiring to mitigate load… I’d recommend @Hershy421 do the same with appropriately gauged extensions.

Awesome lights!!

3 Likes

i actually took that in to consideration.
so both bedrooms run from the same breaker, i did end up blowing a breaker once because i had all this stuff plus an AC through the summer and had to have the fuse replaced by the caretaker.
luckily i noticed it right away so i didnt lose any kind of light time on the plants an nothing got messed up and i didnt raise any flags luckily but now
for the second tent, i have an extention cord running from my kitchen, (which uses a seperate breaker) in to the second room im gonna use for the 3x3 set up to account for the power usage.
hopefully i dont blow any breakers by separating the power usage through 2 separate breakers

3 Likes

how did u do that urself if i may ask?
did u rewire the electrical in ur house to have multiple breakers for ur grow space?
or do u just use less power due to making one giant room as opposed to multiple tents?

also what would a good Guage extension recommendation be in ur opinion on lets say a 100 foot extension cord?

2 Likes

i was planning on going with the fc 6500 from mars hydro before i looked into the ac infinity bar lights.
but from what i found out, the diodes on the new ac bar lights are superior to the mars hydro diodes. if im goin big, im goin with the best on the market.
better to start with the best than to blow hundreds on something ill just end up replacing in the future anyways for something better.

2 Likes

The diodes are definitely better. Coverage depends on how you run in.

Sometimes to attain coverage you steer away from what’s considered top bin.

100’ I would probably go 12 gauge. That said I use 10 gauge for any heavy demanding equipment over a distance. Too small and you can risk hot wires and the equipment trying to work harder shortening longevity.

You’ll have to read the info on the extensions you choose.

2 Likes

i think the extention i got is 16 gauge.
do u think that will be too small to run a 400w light, 2 fans, an AC, and the exhaust fan?

1 Like

This should help @Hershy420

Amperage is the important number when choosing extensions.

Size up if it’s close to exceeding your window. When electrical devices first turn on there is usually a high surge of power and can briefly exceed expected output putting a heavy load on the wires.

I don’t know all the technical terms but I hope you understand. It is important. You can risk fires, and premature death of what you are powering.

I learned this crap the hard way running high amperage tools. Lights and controllers are much more sensitive.

Amp— wattage divided by120/240(whatever your service is) = amp

That 400w for example

400/120= 3.3 amps

4 Likes

7 Likes

Those are some big buds!! Wow, looks like that experiment paid off?

3 Likes

indeed, i wish i had the time an space to finish the block idea, but the other plants kind of pushed this one into flower too soon.
it did indeed pay off in the end though.

i got the lights down to 800 max ppfd.
10/14 schedule
about 25 DLI
trying to reduce foxtails towards the end here. any other suggestions?

6 Likes

Those numbers sound good. Nothing else to suggest! You are killing it.

4 Likes

ill be doing my coco updates here

6 Likes

so this is the dealio that i decided to finally do.

i trimmed this one.
very, very thoroughly.
if we remember, it used to look like this

im gonna wait a few days for it to recover and fill in a little, than throw it into flowering, and get it out of the way finally. yay lol

7 Likes

Lollipop, lollipop
Oh lolli lolli lolli
Lollipop, lollipop
Oh lolli lolli lolli
Lollipop, lollipop
Oh lolli lolli lolli
Lollipop, ba-boom, boom, boom

Looking good!!

6 Likes

im gonna keep topping em at the very next nodes as they grow, every single one

6 Likes

Well done Sir :clap: :heavy_check_mark: :+1: :ok_hand:

5 Likes

This was a very nice read! Had a couple few hours b4 work tonight and just finished up. Absolutely stunning job my dude :ok_hand:

Also reading ur journal here reminds me why i love this forum. The help/info people give out care free is amazing. Gona keep an eye on ur grows. Happy growin :metal:

3 Likes