Help with roleadro cob light

Totally bummed but not broken haha. So got a 400watt cob led roleadro that is not coming on with timer. Yesterday I noticed and turned it off then back on and it worked all the way through the cycle. Today not so lucky light didn’t come on with timer again so switch it on and off several times and nothing. It is daisy chained to one other light. I have not tried anything but what I have just mentioned. Ordered new light be here Saturday. I don’t know much about lights or electrical so up for opinions and a little help. I thought I noticed when I was flicking the switch the fan would spin for like a half second and even may have seen the light flicker for less time then the fan.

@dbrn32 @Screwauger @BIGE @raustin @Countryboyjvd1971

Have you checked to make sure it’s not the timer? Plugging them in to just the wall outlet?

2 Likes

That sounds a lot like a damaged or loose connection. And it seems that connections to on/off switch are a problem with those too.

Is it covered under warranty? If yes, contact manufacturer before you do anything. If not, unplug it and remove from tent. Then remove cover and take a peek around. @Screwauger posted some pics you. An probably check his thread for an idea of what to look for.

If you don’t see anything, let me know before you put it back together

2 Likes

Thanks but not timer there is another light hooked up to same timer and that one goes on.

@dbrn32 thanks yeah I remember seeing the thread but not sure where it is. I will hold off doing anything until I get new light. I already contacted the seller. Let’s hope they respond. I have it unplugged for now.

1 Like

Click on tag it will take you to summary of his activity. Then click on appropriate link.

1 Like

Hey gang, hold on I will link the thread

1 Like

https://ilgmforum.com/t/diy-tutorial-upgrading-the-roleadro-400w-cob/24031

2 Likes

@Smokin_ernie

They stand behind their stuff and if it’s less than a yr old they will replace it most likely.

If they do not or they let you keep this light, I suspect I know the problem.

The connections are infused with silicone in some of them, probably because there were loose connections upon quality checks. On one of my 400w cobs that stopped working, there was evidence of short inside the lamp where you plug the cord in. With help from @dbrn32 and youtube, I bypassed it. I’m talking where the rocker switch is for on/off. That’s what shorted out on mine (from nothing more than daily off/on cycles as I never touched the lamp such as unplugging or switching that rocker switch.

Good luck Bro.

3 Likes

Thanks! I was just getting in car when I posted.

1 Like

Well got email back and he misunderstood me thinking that it was my timer. Which it is not. So sent another email back. We see keep you posted.

Email Max, she’ll take care of you. I had a couple lights go out in one of the chips and she sent out a new one (had it a little over a year. Well, getting tired of waiting on chip, I took it apart and played with the wires and everything works properly now. So I got a free chip on the way

2 Likes

Just spoke with max this morning getting a new switch so hopefully that will do it.

3 Likes

Hahaha you got the best folks already to help you @Smokin_ernie

If it’s the switch by pass it for not until new one arrives honestly you can’t just bypass it permanently if you wanted since your on a timer ?

3 Likes

Sweet I take a look when I get home. Thanks buddy. Fortunately it was a light that was between two other lights so the plant is still getting light kind of. They are sleeping now so if I can fix it before lights come on it will only be one day without a light directly over it.

2 Likes