Help? Most flower now

So my light bill came in and i cannot afford to grow this plants in 18/6 no more. Im hoping they vegd enough i gotta do 12/12 and fig this out. No other way. All together 13 plants these 3 are the oldest tho. What u guys think i will pull? Or will anything happen. I just lst them last week. Just 2 outta 3 tho. 3 are Lst for a week now. They were like 14inches- 16inches. The other 10 are baies on their 4 week. Its eirher flower them all or dump em?

Im starting tonite 12/12 i have no other choice

2 Likes

What kind of light do you use

2 Likes

I use led and run them at night because my electricity is a little cheaper inbetween 10p and 6a. I run alot of equipment. Dedicated air exhaust fan intake fan 360w qb and 2 300w roleadro gen 2 and 3 ciexultation fans and it only adds like 80 to my electric bill a month which is way cheaper than I can buy smoke for a month for. But I would look into led lights if your wanting to continue to grow. Mabey hold off on the flip and spend probably 70 a light for 300w which is actually only about 125 watts from wall and it’s only like 1 ma

2 Likes

My whole grow, including the lights in the kitchen to see while I mix my nutrients, draws less than 3 amps (well, not counting the house a/c, but that’d be running whether I was growing or not), and I have a BUNCH of cheap, crappy equipment. You have to be doing something wrong.

This was my first question, too.

2 Likes

My electric bill is 240 that a house of 5 3 of which are teenagers who don’t turn nothing off. Video games and tvs on pretty much 24/7 a 6 car garage a pool filter and my grow room

3 Likes

But o remember 20 years ago when I grew with 800 w of mh/hps talking 400 450 usd monthly bills

1 Like

Ooof. No thanks. Still cheaper than buying it though.

2 Likes

That was when all the loud was just commING around 400 usd Oz $60 1/8 and 20 a gram

We’re a family of 5, too, but no pool or 6-car garage…just one. That’s still about our highest bill in the summer though, here in the desert. Power is high here.

1 Like

Yea I’m in town and my area has a decently cheap cost of living

We’re considering moving out of town and going solar. Maybe a pipe dream though lol

1 Like

What’s crazy is my neighbor is single no kids and only runs his central air and tv makes sure all lights are off I’d he’s not in a room and his electric bill is more than mine. Lmao I have no clue y, I’m taking it as I have more up to date wiring box and all that jazz

Yeah, newer, more efficient stuff probably.

1 Like

From what I understand it’s hard to grow using only solar but if your off grid then the sun is your friend. Ever thought about a wind mill. I know a guy who went to a junk yard and got 2 cheap alternators and made his own and the charged a bank of batteries slowly but on a bigger scale I’m betting it would be more effecient and less maintaining bur I honestly have never studied it or solar as I have no real need for it right now

1 Like

Sorry @IslandP for clogging up your thread. Your plants do look good shame you can’t veg the 4 more weeks. Best of luck if you have any questions about led we have light gurus that are awsome

1 Like

Yea i got 2 led 300w i just found out they charge 3x from 5pm to 10pm and i had them under lights from 6pm to 1am

Led but here in Hawaii they rape with light bill 3x from 5pm to 10pm

I just moved here from ny. I had no idea hawaii was like these

That’s perfect. Run your dark cycle from 4:30pm to 10:30pm.

1 Like

I mean, that sucks, but you can work around it.

1 Like