Hellraiser grows Zkittlez and Banana Kush in coco with Jacks 321

And i see that you weigh out the nutrients, is there a particular scale I need? I have a scale but it’s more like a big kitchen one from Walmart

1 Like

Yep, everything you need to run Jacks is at the beginning of this thread.

Will need a more accurate scale for this kind of measuring, the big kitchen scales are fine for ballpark ounces but not so much at the smaller quantities (grams) you’ll be measuring for Jacks. Need more of a “coke scale” that is accurate to .01 grams.

Like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-calibration-Electronic-Stainless-Included/dp/B07LGWHNBG/

6 Likes

@Hellraiser what should your ppm be at when u start feeding

1 Like

I was never much of a runoff ppm checker (and still not) and went with what the plants are telling me instead. Usually started lightly feeding Ocean Forest after 4 weeks and Happy Frog after 2 weeks (or very lightly from the beginning even). PPM is more complicated with soils with organic fertilizers rather than inert mediums like coco or promix hp using synthetic nutes. But I know some growers start feeding at low doses (like 1/4) for OC and HF when ppms get under 2000, some wait til closer to 1500, and some even wait longer.

7 Likes

Thanks @Hellraiser I was somewhere around 1600 my last watering so I think I will water one more time before I start using nutes. Quick question what would a 1/4 strength Jacks mix be

4 Likes

That would be (per gal):

.9 grams of Jacks Hydro
.6 grams of calcium nitrate
.3 grams of epsom salt (could use the usual 1.2 grams as it’s just epsom salt)

5 Likes

Thanks a lot @Hellraiser you really are the GOAT. I wanna be like you when I grow up.

7 Likes

My buddy uses this mega crop with good results ever hear of it? supposed to have everything you need from seed to harvest they compare it with jacks,your cocoa grow is looking great!

7 Likes

Thanks! Megacrop was the other dry nute line I was considering as it gets great reviews as well but with all the Jacks popularity here, thought I would try it first.

7 Likes

Changed light schedule on Wednesday to 11.5/12.5, so counting Thursday, Jan 21 as day 1 of flowering, 8 weeks (or so) to go.

Will let the Zkittlez get a week into flowering then drop the next seeds into coco - ILGM Banana Kush.

16 Likes

I need a tent to just try the different ilgm strains out. I’ve only done GDP, white widow, and gorilla glue. I just dropped an ilgm Trainwreck into the mix so hopefully it turns out good.

13 Likes

Dang! :heavy_check_mark: @Hellraiser Again, that’s some pretty impressive growth with the Zkittles! :eyes:
Close to 36 +/- days and you’re already almost to flip you light schedule to flowering! :+1:

4 Likes

Yeah I’m on a mother hunt, every few years I search for new genetics to add to my stable and see if I can find anything I want to smoke on for the next few years, the ILGM Blue Dream was a winner, got a great pheno of her that I do want to smoke on for a while.

7 Likes

Flipped a couple nights ago so flowering stage has begun. Not going for a huge yield on this grow or I would have vegged longer, more of a pheno hunt to see if I find one worthy of keeping around for a while. Hard to make it into my stable these days though, has to have amazing taste and high.

Looking forward to the next grow of Banana Kush, I think I can grow the plants even faster next grow now that I’ve got a better handle on coco and Jacks.

9 Likes

When your pheno hunting, what exact traits do you look for? I have a watermelon punch (watermelon zkittles x purple punch) that has some great growth and very healthy that I THINK looks good, but idk what else to look for

6 Likes

Great question

That’s the one I I’ve been using. Hasn’t let me down yet.

Same. Been researching non stop on that as of lately.

I’ll tell you what I look for. First is a terpene profile you want to keep in your stash. Second is one that self-lollipops: a really bushy plant is a nightmare to trim at harvest. Yield is another metric. Ease of growth in your environment. I had a Gold Leaf photoperiod grow once that each node was oriented 120 degrees around the main stem from the next node down: that means branches aren’t competing for light as much.

Really; whatever criteria you find important.

11 Likes

Man wish I could keep my plants as green as yours.

As for seeds:
I haven’t growing long maybe like 1 year. Out of the 7 stains
Blue Dream and critical mass are my favorite.
They smell and taste great.

This is from the last cycle of critical.

Was lucky got some purp in the bud love flowering in the winter

Current flowering

18 Likes