Hellraiser grows Gorilla Glue and other stuff

@Chasfitter, the cherry ice cream started with me buying an oz of cherry do si do in Las Vegas. In the bag was 2 seeds, the plant could have pollinated herself, or from another plant, who knows. I grew those out, one was just like the buds in the bag, very good, and the other seed produced something even better, this was the very sticky one, an amazing girl covered in trichs with an intense long lasting high. I revegged both of them after realizing I had something special, and kept them as clone mothers, eventually only keeping the better sticky one.

A grower friend of mine grows a clone only ice queen strain (sat dom), that is absolutely amazing but very low yielding with not very dense buds but heavily covered in trichs. I had some of these clones and took one and forced male flowers to grow using STS. Then used that pollen to fertilize one of my “sticky cherry” clones. Only got about 30 seeds from that experiment and grew all of those out.

The cherry ice cream was the best of the group, as sticky as her mom but even stronger with the ice queen genetics crossed in but with big dense buds, great yielder too.

Even the small buds are dense like a rock and covered in trichs. You’re gonna want to zoom in on this bud

34 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking for the 3x3 flower tent, just not the xl version. I think it’d be perfect for the 4 plants I usually grow, one panel over each plant.

3 Likes

How I usually run them.

3 Likes

@Chasfitter, This is the original cherry ice cream, the best from the feminized seeds I made with the sticky cherry and ice queen. She was the mother of a thousand clones, then I flowered her one more time and retired her, but she’ll always live on thru her clones.

69 Likes

Beautiful plant theres trichome galore wish I was your neighbor😉 I can tell you’ve been growing for a while

3 Likes

Awesome looking plant. Outmotherfrickinstanding :+1: :tumbler_glass: :v:

5 Likes

Makes amazing hash, since there’s so many trichs, even the leaves and stems are covered in trichs, why she’s so sticky I imagine.

7 Likes

@Hellraiser what sites have you been looking at for those lights?

Woulda loved to have had on of those, for sure :+1: :tumbler_glass: :v:

2 Likes

@Zee, horticulturelightinggroup.com, catalog, qb kits. looking at the 260 kits.

6 Likes

Pests

We all hate pests (bugs). Over the 30 years or so of indoor growing I’ve seen a good bit of them. Have had spider mites a few times, thrips a few times, powdery mildew once, and fungus gnats more times than I can remember. Hell, I have fungus gnats right now and they are the only real bugs I’ve had in over a decade. At least fungus gnats are easy to get rid of.

Prevention

The best way not to get pets is through prevention. Worst time to get bugs is in the middle of flowering because it sucks to have to spray your buds with anything made to kill bugs. So it’s best to make sure your plants don’t have any bugs when they go into flowering by doing lots of prevention while in veg.

I spray my non-flowering plants with a Neem oil product every couple weeks as a preventative measure. Some people go even further and use multiple products along with Neem, like Azamax and Spinosad, and rotate them every week. If you get a lot of bugs, that is something you should consider.

So even with preventative measures in place I still got fungus gnats. Well, those measures have kept out or killed off spider mites, thrips, and who knows what else. But can’t do much to prevent fungus gnats, one follows you in, then 1 makes 20 and 20 makes 400, yeah don’t let it get out of control. It’s rained more than usual here, thus a fungus gnat explosion outdoors, literally clouds of them out there. So it did not take long to notice a couple fungus gnats in my room where the tents are. So, found the mosquito bits and put on top of soil so when you water, it gets applied to your soil which will kill the larvae. But the adults are walking around on the soil, yeah hate seeing that so I get some diatomaceous earth and apply to top of soil so they won’t be walking around long.

Famers never take a day off

As indoor farmers, we must check our crops everyday, there are no days off, no vacations, cows need to be milked and plants need to get watered and fed and checked. Every day, you should be checking on your plants, look closely at the leaves for any damage, look for any signs of bugs, anything moving in the soil. Finding a bug problem early is much better than finding it late. This also gives you a chance to check if watering is needed.

I like nothing better than to come home from work, load up a pipe and spend 30 minutes checking on my plants, every day.

65 Likes

Great stuff. We need pinned posts for stuff like this.

11 Likes

I’m about to do the first application of neem oil to the sprouts and clones. You can buy a ready to use product or buy neem oil and mix it yourself, 5 ml neem oil to 1 liter/quart of water, add some drops of dishwashing soap. I have a ready to use product here that I will be using:

Turn off your lights when applying or apply at end of light cycle. I usually just turn my light off for a couple/few hours to let it dry up before turning the light back on. I also turn off all my fans for a while (like an hour) but I turn my fans back on before the light, to help dry the plants off.

Don’t spray your plants with lights on.

Shake your container very well (neem oil doesn’t like to mix or stay mixed) then just spray the hell out of your plants, get all sides, tops of leaves, bottoms of leaves, everywhere. The neem oil will not hurt your plants if mixed properly so apply liberally. Then let it get soaked in by the plant for an hour or 2, then I like to give them a little shake to get some excess off and turn on the fans to help them dry out, an hour or 2 later turn the light back on.

24 Likes

Don’t spray neem oil on your buds, only use in veg or before buds form.

14 Likes

Very detailed right from the get go! That cherry ice cream looks amazing!!! Mind if I tag along? I’m sure I can learn a few things.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard and come along for the ride.

4 Likes

Keep track of your watering, nutes, and other events.

Ever wonder, did I water them yesterday or the day before? Did I fert last watering? How much nutes did I use? Stop wondering and keep track, either on a spreadsheet, or an app, a notebook, or a paper on a clipboard attached to your tent, whatever works for you. Also lets you plan your watering and feeding, you’ll know when you’re watering again as the patterns show every 3 or 4 days or whatever. Put enough info so you know what, when, and how much. Also helpful to keep track of events, when you flipped lights to 12/12, notes to yourself about nute adjustments, flowering period adjustments you should make, when planted seeds, when clones were started…

22 Likes

@Hellraiser, I noticed a lot of your post are about growing the same strain on your grows. Any feedback for us growing different strains at the same time? All female non autos for me.

2 Likes

@zee, I like to grow similar plants together so they will be about the same size and height and give me a relatively even canopy of tops. Growing vastly different strains at the same time, while good for variety, can give you a mix of short ones and tall ones and goodbye even canopy. So the short ones will be further away from the light (listen to the song The Trees by Rush).

15 Likes

This is how i keep track, lol,

old school

12 Likes