Has anyone flowered under a B Spec?

I’d like to flower some autos in my Veg tent.

Are there any real world results with someone flowering with an HLG B Spec?

4 Likes

check search for bspec someone just posted that they do this morning i thought it was @MrPeat

2 Likes

I did search. I could not Find the answer…

I wonder if @dbrn32 has the answer.

My hydro shop has a B Spec in stock. I could wait for an R Spec, but I have zero patience.

2 Likes

it was @hellraiser who had a bspec

2 Likes

Curious as well as I was going to purchase a HLG 135 for a 2x2 project.

1 Like

I would search for info about the results of metal Halide in flower. Some growers swear by it, and it report it brings out unique phenotypical expressions.

1 Like

I think he only uses it in his veg tent though. He runs separate veg and flower tents.

2 Likes

i just remembered seeing it today. i read so many journals it is hard to remember

1 Like

It’s probably too new and outside of purpose to find much. I don’t really know of anyone doing it either.

I can tell you that it’s not too far out on spectral distribution graph from 4000k. Plenty of people have successfully flowered with that. You may see little tighter node spacing and some other different plant responses. But will definitely grow weed.

3 Likes

Nah its not me…sorry. :+1: I have mentioned UVA and UVB rays tho.

1 Like

i was reading your stuff today and got confused with another page sorry :grinning:

Its all good bro…I was just got out of the neighbor’s pool. My body needed a soak.

2 Likes

I just set up my 300l bspec in my 2x4 veg tent last night. Impressive light. Already seeing a better look in the leaves…i think…lol

1 Like

I would not flower with a B spec, that’d be like flowering with a metal halide, while it can be done and works just fine, yields will probably suffer, just like MH vs HPS in flowering. You don’t get the kind of flowering growth with blue light enhanced spectrums that you do with red light enhanced spectrums.

4 Likes

I’m going with the RSpec.

Probably sooner than later. My bulb on my CMH just went out. :neutral_face:

The 650 or 550? Never used the 550… but the 650 is just insane… you’re gonna have to play with the height… the heat doesn’t bother the plants… the intensity does!

I already have 2 HLG 260 kits built for my flower tent. I’m going to get a 300L RSpec for my Veg/Auto tent.

The 650 is pretty impressive. Maybe in a few years when I burn out a 260

1 Like

I just put the 300l bspec in my 2x4 veg tent… couldn’t be happier!!

Hlg is the sh*t

2 Likes

Were you naked? Did they know you were in their pool?

1 Like

wow you have a lot going on in there! You must have a ton of space for flower.