Growing again, or at least I am trying to!

I’m good thank you. And for your plant, I tend to agree with @Budbrother. Most of the times I’ve slowed the growth of my girls was by over watering… :nerd_face:
Sometimes the top layer of soil drains and dries really well but less so at the roots… :thinking:

2 Likes

Kap-
I know the soil was retaining too much water. That is why I added some perlite to the soil from her final home. When I transplanted her from the solo cup and watered her in, I didn’t water again until a day or two before the next transplant. Crazy. But the soil is an ongoing thing and I will get it figured out someday. Thanks for your input. peace…

2 Likes

@dbrn32-
My memory fails me and I thought you would either know who could guide me or you probably know yourself. My fan, a T6, is not operating like I want. I have the settings like I want with no alarms set for low anything. But I just went over and the high temp was flashing, but the fan never came on. I switched it over to “manual” to get the fan blowing out the warm air. Why wouldn’t the fan come on if the alarm was triggered? There was someone on ILGM that knew the ins and outs of these fans. Could you help or point me to who could help? Thank you sir. Peace…

2 Likes

I don’t remember who that was. I don’t use the smart settings either, so not all that familiar with typical behavior. In fact the last two i bought S model instead of T model.

1 Like

Thanks man. I will get it figured out. I can always call Apera.

1 Like

I would definitely call the company. You may have a faulty controller.

2 Likes

Hey weed family-
I hope you are all safe, well, and seeing giraffe lips. I wanted to give you an update. When I transferred Betty into the 3 gallon smartest, I knew my soil was retaining way to much water. So I added some perlite to my mix and some worms. Its only been a couple of days and I can tell a difference. Now the soil is draining much better. Before I was going about 2 weeks in the 1 gallon plastic pot. I know thats crazy, but my moisture meter and my fingers don’t lie. Thats what I like about the fabric pots. If you have your soil retaining too much water, you can add perlite or whatever, but you can also put a fan blowing on the pot to help dry it out quicker. I will see how Betty does from here on out. Her VPD’s have been great. I will update yall in a day or two. I haven’t done any training this time, because I wanted to see how well she would grow on her own. I have removed some lower growth and a couple of other leaves that were blocking light to some lower bud sites. Yall have a good grow, peace…

4 Likes

Sounds like you’ve got it all under control, Patchman!
Good point about being able to have the fan blowing on the fabric pots to dry them quicker! Never thought of that but sounds obvious now you say it! :woman_facepalming:
I’m sure she’ll do juuuust fine :smile: xx

1 Like

CJ-
She’s been healthy and green the whole way. It just boils my noodle that at one month old and now, there was such a difference. First grow had a few problems, crappy light, and O think you get the picture. After that grow, I upped my grow big time. New gorilla grow tent, hlg light, Apera T6 fan and filter. And I made my own living soil. You would think the 2nd plant would blow the other out of the water. Wrong. At a month old the 1st plant was two feet taller than the 2nd, and had far more bud sites. I have been told twice by two reputable growers that the reason for this was because I ovdrwatered it. I believe them because they have so much more experience than me. But, why did I never see any signs of overwatering? I know the soil retained too much water, which is why I added perlite to her last pot. It worked. And the first and second plants came from the same shipment.
I’m just gonna shut up about it, watch my watering, and take the best care of Betty that I can. Have a soopah day CJ- peace… oh- where’s se7en? Hadn’t heard from him…

5 Likes

Yeah I know what you mean. You’d think with the experience of the first grow under your belt, the second would be a doddle! Well, that’s what I was hoping anyway, much like yourself by the sounds of it.
Maybe just a rocky start, I’m sure she will flourish now under your great care.
Good luck! x

2 Likes

I’ve no idea. He’s been away ages, hope he’s ok. :pensive:

2 Likes

Me too CJ. Me too.

1 Like

Hey everybody-
wanted to give you an update on Betty. First, I think adding the perlite in was spot on. She is not holding that water forever like she did earlier. She has had a growth spurt since being transferred to her 3 gallon penthouse. Here’s a pic:

And she is getting her training bra soon!!

Hope you all have a great day and Thanksgiving!!

9 Likes

Nice! I’m glad she’s taking off. She looks good

4 Likes

Lookin good, Patchy! Nice green colour going on there. :star_struck:

4 Likes

Green Jewels and @Budbrother,
I got some molasses and did not know if either of you had a simple recipe for a top dressing or tea for this. I made sure to get unsulphured kind. I know we have a holiday tomorrow so don’t worry about getting it to me quickly. I am sure everybody is busy, and it will only get busier tomorrow. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey-
I found some recipes, but you can still post one if you want. The simplest is 1 teaspoon/tablespoon to a gallon of water. And make sure your molasses is unsulphured!!! If it has sulphur, it will kill those bacteria you are trying to feed. I will give another update in a day or two. Peace…

1 Like

@patchman Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Like

Happy Thanksgiving right back at ya Ash93!!! Betty and I wish you all the best this holiday season!!!

Peace…

7 Likes

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL THE GREAT PEOPLE HERE!! MAY YOUR GARDENS EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND YOU LEARN MORE AND MORE ABOUT HOW TO GROW THE WAY YOU WANNA GROW!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF MY PEEPS OUT THERE FROM ME AND BETTY!!

Peace…

9 Likes