Grow #6 - Winter of '23/'24

I don’t scrog mine, but I wouldn’t lower yours (what would be the point?). Raising it may damage those great buds you have going. If anything, add a second net and let them grow into it?

2 Likes

It looks like the growing upward is already done

The net looks a little low but it’s always a guess where to put it. Sometimes I’ll try to raise mine up a bit but you run the risk of damage. If the colas get too heavy you could always try some plant yo-yo’s but they’re a pain in the ass too

1 Like

@Spiney_norman @PogueMahone @Borderryan22 @kellydans @Hershy420 @Pinboy @MidwestGuy @TransplantedFarmgirl @CC_Mo @VaHillbilly

4 Weeks Into Flower

Nice and easy does it.

6 Likes

Looking like fire. My girls are watching and taking notes

4 Likes

Looking awesome @PogueMahone !!

Mine are only like 2 weeks ahead of yours.

1 Like

@Low @Fieldofdreams @Spudgunner @CC_Mo @Spiney_norman @kellydans @Pinboy @MidwestGuy @TransplantedFarmgirl @VaHillbilly

Honest question…

Is it overconfidence to think your grow is going to be good again and therefore predictable?

Again, it’s my 6th grow but I just don’t worry about anything at this stage.

Maybe I need a curve ball once in a while to stay honest

Is that bad and should I be concerned more than I am??

6 Likes

No, it’s not over confidence. You will get to the point where you just read the plants and roll with it. Honestly I don’t think I have checked a run off in a couple of years. Plants look great .

6 Likes

Imho not at all, just don’t get complacent just not in growing but everything thats when issues arrive!

5 Likes

Hmm. I think grows in general should be predictable to a degree. Predictable in the sense that you know what’s going to happen when you do this, or that. Or how to turn a problem around… Comfort, I always have the mind set of “don’t get comfortable.”

4 Likes

You’re getting your stride! There are many days now I barely look at them, which right now is great, my life is pretty busy, buncha shit going on all at once! It also helps if you have a goodly stash built up! Think I’m still sitting on over a pound, so my poor girls don’t get much attention right now (new puppy is draining me!), and it doesn’t matter. I’m in autopots now which is like cruise control, make a batch of nutes every 4 or 5 days when the res gets low.

You’re nailing it, keep doing what you’re doing!

5 Likes

I agree that after you do something long enough you drop some of the things you monitored before. Like when I mix my nutrients. After you check a hundred batches and have a process for hitting the right numbers then you just quit testing because it never changes. You learn things like what is critical and what has wiggle room. Its not complacency, its experience in action. More than likely you have stopped doing stuff that caused problems and simplified your process. I think the most common problem among new growers is overkill. People who go crazy with the process and complicate things instead of doing the basic things for the plants. New growers also over react to things that we have learned are no big deal like trying to fix a blemish on a leaf and dumping more nutrients of all kinds in the dirt. You are doing great. Like a great musician who makes it look easy you have gained experience.

5 Likes

Well said @Spiney_norman keep it Simple
Don’t go chasing numbers over a blemish.
Happy growing my friend :v:

3 Likes

Now, I feel better about this.

I think I keep the critical things in check and that translates into success… and I just keep repeating that.

Well enough, thanks!

2 Likes

Confidence is good. Being prepared is good. Your grows are rocking it so it’s understandable to be ok with that.

1 Like

You brought up curveball…I was 7-8 indoor grows in and doing really well, then i got cocky and had 3-4 that weren’t so great. Your grows look really good but don’t forget to keep the basics in line….

1 Like

Good advice, and thanks. My second grow in a cold basement tent was another learning experience.

Since then, I think I am pretty darn consistent at least and don’t think I get lazy.

The 2 parts that challenge me are seed sprouting to emergene and then judging when to chop. Those two give me grief and anxiety.

The rest seems routine to me.

1 Like

@PogueMahone @Borderryan22 @Bentstick @Low @Pinboy @Spiney_norman @CC_Mo @MidwestGuy @TransplantedFarmgirl @kellydans

Should I be concerned with this yellowing?.. I still have 3 to 5 weeks till harvest.

It’s on about 20% of the leaves but only on one plant if that helps you knowing that.

1 Like

Is it potassium related?

Sorry, I still suck at deficiencies. When was the last feeding and what was fed? Consider other potential causes; could it be environmental-overwatering, cold roots, anything that may have stressed the roots.

Sorry that I’m not much help.

1 Like