GreenThunder dips into hydro

I’m tiptoeing into the world of hydro!! :sweat_drops:

Laughing Buddha, Tina, will be my Guinea pig; she was put in the bucket last night and is still alive!! She sprouted 15 days ago and lived in coco until I got around to picking up the hydro supplies

Nutes per 4 gallons: 2ml power-si, 1 tsp each GH Flora Grow, Micro, Bloom, and 4 tsp calmag… ppm 710, pH 5.8, temp 67°

Tina will be joined by Amy, also Laughing Buddha, in coco for a side by side comparison.

They are each under a T5 fluorescent for now and will be moved into the 4x4 tent with HPS (600w to start) after the big girls are harvested. They will be also be scrogged (can’t deal with 5’ plants again!)

Thanks for looking, following, and for all the guidance you’ve all given and continue to share so freely!!

14 Likes

I’m in. I’m interested in the side by side. Happy gowing :sunglasses:

1 Like

Niice! I’ll follow this! Excited to see what’s next @GreenThunder

1 Like

I’ve been (gently) reminded that my ppm level is too high. I’m going to change it out in the am. The water reaches the netpot but not the roots… I’m top feeding with a spray bottle for now.

2 Likes

@GreenThunder I’m in I’ll follow

1 Like

@GreenThunder Ph sweet spot is 5.8 but can range 5.5 to 6.5

1 Like

That’s right where I’m at :sunglasses: What’s your recommendation for ppm (or ec)?

1 Like

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler absolutely kill me! :grinning:

1 Like

@GreenThunder Depends on what phase you are in. I try to follow Bergman’s full hydro grow guide

1 Like

15 days from sprout

A couple of the funniest ladies I know… seemed appropriate for a strain name that begins with ‘laughing’ :smiley:

1 Like

Res change = 250ppm (.5ec)

I bought a gram of Laughing Buddha from a dispensary in Fbks. Wowza! I almost couldn’t function, in the best way possible. I think the lab results were THC 22% & CBD .6%.

2 Likes

I can hardly wait… especially since I’m out :smirk: Thanks for the great review, I have to admit the name was half the reason I picked it tho the description was appealing too

2 Likes

150 to 250 ppm for a plant that small… :wink:
Whats the ppm of your water before adding anything to it?

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Plain water here is only 40-70 ppm :sunglasses:

2 Likes

15 days in hit them with 150 to 200 ppm for a week or so then you will up it a little in veg they use a lot of nitrogen. and in flower they use more phosphorus then nitrogen watch the ppm and keep it close to 150 200 is a good start for like 2 weeks then it will change I’ll try to put his grow email on here and make sure you add 100 ppm of cal mag at start then at water change if you are hydro you will add 150 to 200 ppm of cal mag later in veg

2 Likes

Amy and Tina, I love it! I’ll be watching the girls grow up.

1 Like

These girls are both 30 days from sprout. My netpot is 5 inches deep and no roots yet. She’s gotten a tad bigger but I’m losing hope and thinking about starting over. Is it too soon to give up on this one? :thinking: I’m tempted to rinse coco girl and putting her in the bucket. OR maybe a clone.

3 Likes

I took a couple of clones from grape ape tonight, not to replace Tina but to join her and Amy in the tent (three will be my self imposed limit)

There are two only to increase the odds, I’ll toss one if both survive (I think I can, I think I can) because I really do not want to over crowd the tent.

5 Likes