Grand Daddy Purple grow from seeds to harvest

Yep I read a long scientific write up last night on why and how it works. Interesting stuff for sure!

Thinking of adding about a table spoon of the hot organic soil to the promix for the 4" pots the sprouts are going into today. Reason being I cant get Jack’s here for around two weeks and want just a little something for the babies in the mean time. Also picking up a bottle of clonex solution to add to spray water ph’d of course. Read the GDP prefers ph at 6.0 to 6.2 throughout growth. Any input?

I’ve been trying to stick to everything at 6.0. It hasn’t failed me yet.

4 Likes

How soon can I start feeding clonex solution to newborns to boost root growth? Still just spritzing with water right now. Tnx

Properly diluted, you should be be able to feed them after second set of leaves.

1 Like

Jack’s 3,2 will be here in a week. Promix bx soil added 30% perlite. Mixed 1 tblspn hot soil to enough promix to fill 7 4" nursery pots. When should I give Jacks to seedlings?

Adding basic researched info for GDP journal…Prefers 70°-80° during daytime can tolerate 55°-65° at night. Prefers cooler temps. Gets best buds super cropping. Needs lower humidity at or below 50% with 40% during flower. Prefers ph of 6.0 to 6.2 soil and 5.6 to 5.8 hydro. Once it turns fully purple only 1 to 2 weeks to harvest. 70% to 80% amber on pistils is most potent. Lower RH is to help reduce chance of powdery mildew and bud rot due to dense buds. Likes products high in phosphorus during flowering. Can add kelp and bat guano for strength of plant and development of buds.

@Covertgrower @Hellraiser @dbrn32 …I need some help in figuring out my next grow. I have 7 GDP sprouts and would like to be able to squeeze them into a 4x4 tent in 5 gal pots. Supercropping is recommended for this strain but I dont see that happening with 7 plants. Thinking of maybe pruning or training and topping to grow each plant straight up with as many big buds as I can try to fit in. GDP grows low and bushy. I’d like to look in the tent and see a sog of just big buds. Am I dreaming? And I only have 2 crap lights. One blurple at 180 true watts and one cheap 6 cog at 300 true watts. I know I wont get max buds but I’d like to get as much as I can with what I have to work with. Asking early so I can start training asap. Many thanks!

1 Like

Gonna be crowded but can be done, hell I used to do 9 plants in a 3x3 tent. I’d grow them out til they have 5 or 6 nodes then top them off above the 3rd or 4th node to get 6 or 8 branches per plant, veg them for 6-8 weeks, clean out the bottom third of the plant, then heavy defoliation in flowering to get light to all the bud sites.

6 Likes

So in theory depending on veg time and growth rate I can top maybe 3 times for approx 12 buds per plant? I’ve typically topped 3 times taking off 5th node doin it old school. I have a set of scrog nets to help keep them standing up if needed. Thanks my friend!

1 Like

On top of hellraiser’s comment, you can pack them in there. You have to defoliate, and trim the bottom 1/3 of the canopy for the best light penetration. I did the same thing. I have 40 in a 4x4. All one gallons except the coco.

9 Likes

I think the others have you pretty well set. Just wanted to add that I see no reason for 5 gallon pots. 3 gallon is probably larger than you need.

2 Likes

So I’m growing Gran Daddy Purple from two seeds this year. They were in small pots till 4 weeks then they went to 7 Gallon grow bags. I’m in week four of flower. Curious to see your pics of growth. I took four cuttings for clones and they are taking off.

1 Like

Will do. They’re 2" skeletons right now lol. I’d love seeing pics of yours and the clones.

Sure, if that’s what you like to do.

2 Likes

Both plants

One of the buds forming

4 Likes

Looking good! Keep us updated.:+1::sunglasses::v:

Will send a pic today but my seedlings are stretching to much for my liking. In a dome on a 4 season porch that gets about 1 1/2 hours of morning sun through the windows not on purpose. I only have a small t5 tube light for them right now. Tents busy on 12/12. I can get them away from direct sunlight but wondering how soon I can take the dome off to get the t5 a little closer? Its sitting on top of dome right now. Way more stretch than leaf growth so far. Need to get gentle fan on them asap for stem strength to. Only 5 days old today. @Hellraiser @Covertgrower. ps I have used this t5 for garden seedlings and kept it closer with minimal stretch on veggies.

1 Like

going to go to 20/4 on the light to see if it helps. Was on 18/6.

3 Likes

I’d lose the dome now and get the fan blowing on them, closer light and wind will help with the stretch.

5 Likes