Gold Leaf Fem started 2/16/17 *2ndGrow!*

@AnneBonny not much more to do after I chop them, they are pruned down to bonsai status, the split one already has a hole to hang her by :-). But I do like manicuring the buds to perfection, probably take off too much in the process !
(And I’m actually going to be at a huge dog sport event Saturday in NKingston maybe not far from you?)

Nice that it won’t be too much work then and dogs as a distraction to keep you from over manicuring is never a bad thing. What dog event is in North Kingstown? I’m trying to think of where they would hold a dog sport event. Hope the weather holds if it’s outside as it’s looking iffy at the moment. Are you just observing or participating?

1 Like

@AnneBonny it’s actually an indoor soccer place - love running there, sprint turf is very gooshy :heart_eyes::paw_prints:
Wide World of Indoor Sports

Oh yes! My husband plays indoor there on occasion. Have a blast with all those pups!

1 Like

Great job. Did you pull off all the lower buds?

I pruned them to that to help with some humidity issues I had in my space last grow. I have a circulation system now and it’s working fine, I just was being proactive with this grow. I think trimming will be easier.

2 Likes

5/24 update: split other plant. Split plants drink a lot! Also had to turn the fan controller up tonight - noticeable increase in smell.

2 Likes

So you cut off the scraggly bottom buds? I am a newbie. Wondering what to do with the scraggly lower buds. Get rid of them I would think.

Nuts! 18 days into flowering. If anyone is there, should I trim off the lower buds? Thin her out a bit? I topped her pretty well when she was young so thus the bushiness.

8 Likes

Trimming lower stuff is personal choice, honestly if its not getting light its wasting energy id cut it off to focus any growth towards the top colas otherwise if everything is receiving light I wouldn’t remove any thing

4 Likes

@Coperthwhite7
I prune them like that during the veg stage so they never bud or grow any more below the canopy. For the reasons @Majiktoker mentions

PS your plants look great!

1 Like

Tonight is the night, leaving them in the dark today.

Definitely noticed bud swelling after splitting stems. Took about 3-4 days to be noticeable, could be unrelated, but after splitting both plants began coming up dry at the end of the day after a gallon feed every morning with little run off. Fed them every day one gallon Adv Nuts Nirvana and Cutting Edge Sour Dee (got for free at nECANN)- stuf smells like cotton candy - hope it adds a nice flavor!

Trimming party tonight at my place!

:heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Just harvested one plant, the other needs a few more days
10% amber, maybe early for some but I like it :heart_eyes:

Please enjoy the photos :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Mmm nice job you go girl! Lol

2 Likes

@Sl1… Very impressive, good work!

1 Like

Thank you all made possible by ILGM seeds and the excellent mods here! You guys are the best! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I’ll have a look at another gold leaf

1 Like

I liked it enough to get more lol

2 Likes

20 seeds on the way but half are Matthew420s

4 Likes

Great job @Sl1 check you out growing like a pro I’m excited for you :metal:t2::sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes